Honored Contributor

Re: Debating about buying a cotton top

@Nonametodaywrote:

@cherrywrote:

@ECBGIt is cotton and poly with 3% rayon..I wonder if the laddering stitch is  fragile?

It is probably rayon.  Just keep your iron away from it.  It will not need to be ironed.  Last time I sent something like that to the cleaners, it returned with half the lace.  Another time I sent a blazer with a velvet collar and half the velvet was gone.  Then last year I sent a black cashmere sweater with mnk hooks and they flattened the hooks so they will never work again.  I had to have the dry cleaners replace them.  Then one time they burned the button off my pants and put another in a different color back on but put it on the wrong side. Then one time I sent a brand new coat with a frog closure and they lost the frog.  I do my own clothes if I possibly can.

@Nonametoday,Do you have another drycleaner?  I'm sorry you had those problems.  That's very unusual.

Honored Contributor

@ECBGwrote:

@Nonametodaywrote:

@cherrywrote:

@ECBGIt is cotton and poly with 3% rayon..I wonder if the laddering stitch is  fragile?

It is probably rayon.  Just keep your iron away from it.  It will not need to be ironed.  Last time I sent something like that to the cleaners, it returned with half the lace.  Another time I sent a blazer with a velvet collar and half the velvet was gone.  Then last year I sent a black cashmere sweater with mnk hooks and they flattened the hooks so they will never work again.  I had to have the dry cleaners replace them.  Then one time they burned the button off my pants and put another in a different color back on but put it on the wrong side. Then one time I sent a brand new coat with a frog closure and they lost the frog.  I do my own clothes if I possibly can.

@Nonametoday,Do you have another drycleaner?  I'm sorry you had those problems.  That's very unusual.

We live in a small town.  There are several but this is the one that is not a chain and the chains are worse.  This one is a distribution point and the cleaning is sent to the supposed best dry cleaners in the 250-mile raidus.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimonowrote:

@cherry

How about this, in 100% cotton, from GAP?

product photo

Oh, I love this! Very pretty. And practical, since it's cotton. 

Honored Contributor

I'm still pondering ladies. I have so much light blue, its a color I love and wear well, but, I wonder if I am getting too much of this color?

Honored Contributor

I bit the bullet and bought it. Another blue top, but I do really like it