Contributor

This is along the same lines as Quacker Factory and their going back to refer to Jean Bice.  Newer shoppers do not know who Jean was, but like the line.  Eventually they will probably stop the references to Jean.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus, ok then.  Its my opinion geesh !

Honored Contributor

I don't wear baggy boyfriend shirts, or any thing baggy ,or boyfriend looking, ever @Skididdy. I never have an I never will. If that is all they think she sells, they certainly don't look at her line do they?

Honored Contributor

Re: David Dangle

[ Edited ]

I have some of her earlier garments, more of the classic pieces like the pencil skirts.  But also I have a couple of the boyfriend shirts, I like them, and I purchased them when Joan was on the presentations -- she's the one who sold the style to me, so they originated with her.  eta:  I also remember seeing her wearing that style as part of her casual wardrobe on tv shows and such.    I have to agree, it seems the line has become less interesting and has less diversity and originality.   I like David Dangle.   I don't think this line will or should have a name change because it's hers, it's her family's, and she was known far beyond the realm of home shopping.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@cherry, funny but I do not own ANY , ZERO of her boyfriend shirts. 

I own her slim leg pants, jewelry and many of her lace shirts. 

But some do not like the line and that is fine. 

I just struggle with the harshness here at times.  Or the make fun of peoples opinions.

I guess if I was a more frequent contributor, it would not happen.

Thank you @cherry.  You made me smile. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SkididdyI still dodge tomatoes..Just duck and carry on...Joan has a beautiful skirt that almost is a match for a sweater at Talbots, I love

I have a couple pr of her plaid pants that look just like something from Brooks Brothers. I have some of her tees that are just like chamois leather ..Her sweaters are great...buy what pleases you, and remember , some people always have to pee, in other peoples cornflakes

Trusted Contributor

@cherry, sounds like you have a nice collection.  I did buy yesterday a pair of pants David presented...Herringbone...gorgeous. 

I know, I am just getting it from all angles here today.  Gonna call it  a day.

THANKS

Honored Contributor

I have several of Joan's jackets and pants.  Also some earring sets.  I also do not wear anything "boyfriend" or baggy.   The items I do have fit me well, but they are not recent purchases.  Sure miss Joan.  I don't think they will change the name of the line unless they add something a lot different and give it  an additional name w/Joan Rivers.   (Remember Jessica Holbrook?   No such person--just QVC's name for that line.)

Honored Contributor

I also agree that younger people do not buy from QVC.  No one I know even watches QVC even the "seniors" I know or those the age of my adult children.

Respected Contributor
Daysdee, the average age of the QVC customer is 55. Unfortunately younger people today don't have the expendable incomes we used to have. Student loans and child care costs mean that women under 40 can't afford to spend $125 on a beauty creme. Its just the new normal in America sadly.