Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

It would be fun to see what would be offered if the designers / vendors we're given free range but the bottom line on what you see goes to the buyers at QVC. It's no accident that it's sometimes hard to distinguish one line from the next

@Andreatoo  When Joan was still here there was more variety in her line. As it is now either David or those QVC buyers you mention must love boyfriend shirts.

when Joan was alive they copied a lot of her designer clothing. 

Don't do that anymore, they could still do the dresses and jackets but maybe they don't sell well on the Q, which is very casual in the clothing they sell. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: David Dangle

[ Edited ]

The name of the brand doesn't matter. No one is going to make a purchase because of a brand name that is "exclusive" to QVC, and no one is going to decline to make a purchase because of the brand name, except maybe Quacker Factory Smiley LOL

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

Changing the name won't matter.

It's the design & marketing that sells.

Joan worked hard to build her brand.

Sometimes I think David thinks with his heart more than his head.

But I also think it's nice of Melissa to keep him in place.

Obviously she doesn't need the money.

The younger generation is too busy trying to keep up with Kardashians.

Honored Contributor

I have quite a few *Joan *garments ,and none of them are boyfriend shirts, Her slacks and skirts are wonderful So are her jackets

Trusted Contributor

I do not think they will change the name or ever will !!!!!

David and her were very close.  He knew her vision, her style, her likes, her dislikes, her wants, her needs, what worked for her, what did not work for her.

I believe in my opinion only... that they have gracefully and tastefully continued her wonderful line of clothing and accessories.  David presents with class, reserve, he is humble, professional, informative, and he knows his stuff.  He kept her vision of classic simple elegant style.  The jewelry lately has been just outstanding.

I think they keep doing what they are doing....everyone needs a little JOAN in there wardrobe. David Dangle is the PERFECT representative of her and will always be.

I say keep things as they are.

Trusted Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I have quite a few *Joan *garments ,and none of them are boyfriend shirts, Her slacks and skirts are wonderful So are her jackets

This is true when Joan was alive.  But now the designs from this line are nothing that Joan would wear.  I think this line has run its course.  Either go back to Joan's classics, and that includes her classics jewelry line, or change the name.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:
Mellisa Rivers has shown no interest in the line. She may own the line but she has directed David Dangle to make every business decision. Mellisa Rivers in my opinion is a bit of a recluse. You just never see or her from her. Dangle for better or worse is running the show.

@Reever  This is not true.  Melissa is quite interested in the line and often gives her insight to new items.  Just because she doesn't appear on-air with David doesn't mean she is not interested.  Melissa has appeared many times in social media wearing the Joan Rivers items before they are officially presented on air.  She has also loaned David Joan's original jewelery so David and his team can make replicas that he has presented on QVC.

So we may not see Melissa, and she let's David run it all, but she's quite involved to the point she wants to be.

Honored Contributor

Re: David Dangle

[ Edited ]

@Skididdy wrote:

I do not think they will change the name or ever will !!!!!

David and her were very close.  He knew her vision, her style, her likes, her dislikes, her wants, her needs, what worked for her, what did not work for her.

I believe in my opinion only... that they have gracefully and tastefully continued her wonderful line of clothing and accessories.  David presents with class, reserve, he is humble, professional, informative, and he knows his stuff.  He kept her vision of classic simple elegant style.  The jewelry lately has been just outstanding.

I think they keep doing what they are doing....everyone needs a little JOAN in there wardrobe. David Dangle is the PERFECT representative of her and will always be.

I say keep things as they are.

@Skididdy  Yep. Keep bringing on Joan’s (?) baggy, boyfriend shirts in every color and fabric. Yuck!

Honored Contributor

Was never my style and doubt that any name change would alter that.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

Changing the name won't matter.

It's the design & marketing that sells.

Joan worked hard to build her brand.

Sometimes I think David thinks with his heart more than his head.

But I also think it's nice of Melissa to keep him in place.

Obviously she doesn't need the money.

The younger generation is too busy trying to keep up with Kardashians.

-----------------

I doubt many "younger" people ever shop for clothes on QVC!!!  Know several friends and family with kids in their late 20's to late 30's....they laugh when they hear the name QVC!!  Definitely not QVC customers...