Honored Contributor

Re: David Dangle - Joan River's Sidekick...Did You Know ????

OMG Thank you guys. I really needed a laugh. And happening upon this thread of people going back and forth about whether some guy who represents Joan Rivers was really named David Dingle Dangle on a soap opera in 1952, Googling about it, made my night. I am honestly laughing out loud. Not at anyone, just laughing at the absurdity of life in general.

Couldn't happen anywhere but the internet. I think it's hilarious. And even goofier that I'm commenting back about it!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I guess it dangles hence the name. It certainly is not a real surname but a stage name.

Trusted Contributor

I looked it up. He was not an actor. He was a costume designer on The Bold & Beautiful from 1987-88 and costume designer on Guiding Light 1984-85.

Honored Contributor

On 4/24/2014 Porcelain said:

OMG Thank you guys. I really needed a laugh. And happening upon this thread of people going back and forth about whether some guy who represents Joan Rivers was really named David Dingle Dangle on a soap opera in 1952, Googling about it, made my night. I am honestly laughing out loud. Not at anyone, just laughing at the absurdity of life in general.

Couldn't happen anywhere but the internet. I think it's hilarious. And even goofier that I'm commenting back about it!

You're quite welcome. Yes, sometimes the idiocy of the threads on here gets to me and, against my better judgment, I get embroiled in it.

I'm better now. Going away and will leave the debate to others.

Super Contributor

On 4/23/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 4/23/2014 ValuSkr said:

""Dingle"" may have been his maiden name.

What? Men have maiden names now?

Esteemed Contributor

No matter what his name is nor what he does for Joan, I do not care for him on the set with Joan. Three is one too many at one time!

Trusted Contributor

I like David, I understand why he is now present on the shows, and as an aside, his country home is beautiful! It was featured in The New York Times. Wonderful taste!

Esteemed Contributor

I think David Dangle does a wonderful job selling Joan Rivers products. He frequently fills in for Joan on The Shopping Channel in Canada.

(By the way, I notice that the Joan Rivers boards are now grouped under fashion instead of accessories as it was before. Good idea as Joan Rivers sells more than just jewelry, sunglasses, and watches. Easier to find the boards too.)

Respected Contributor

Isn't he the COO, or creative director, or something? Not sure he'd like being called a "sidekick". {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

Oh, he EXUDES class. He and Joan have a love thing going on. You know Joan. David is so professional. I like him a lot!