Honored Contributor

Re: David Dangle - Joan River's Sidekick...Did You Know ????

On 4/22/2014 hope-Q said:
On 4/20/2014 Venezia said:
On 4/20/2014 Tyak said:

His real name is Dingle Dangle? OMG, that's funny.

No, it isn't. It's just the OP being childish. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Before saying something unkind, I think it would be simple to check things out. I googled him, and his real name IS David Dingle Dangle. He is the President and CEO of Joan Rivers Worldwide, all that she encompasses.

The only information incorrect was that The Guiding Light began in 1952, and he was on it in 1984-1985. But I can see how the OP misinterpreted it, the way it was written. No, he couldn't be that old.

Joan has entrusted him with quite a lot, but he does seem to have an honorable and pristine history.

I think he is a nice fellow myself.

I'd be interested to know where you found this information. I've just googled his name for the past half-hour and come up with nothing like that. The only mention I got of "David Dingle Dangle" was in reference to David Tennant ("Dr. Who"). I even tried Wikipedia and couldn't come up with anything.

If it's true, I would be only too happy to retract my comment, but I don't intend to spend any more time trying to find it. (And I wasn't the only one who had the same reaction to this thread.)

Respected Contributor

No, I didn't know that. I guess it makes sense as he's attractive enough to be on tv/movies. Did you know that Bob Mackie was in Tales of the City? It was a dinner party scene & he only appeared for a few seconds.

Honored Contributor

""Dingle"" may have been his maiden name.

Honored Contributor

On 4/23/2014 ValuSkr said:

""Dingle"" may have been his maiden name.

Honored Contributor

If those dates came from IMDB.com, it's because that site lists the year the show first aired, not the year the person appeared or worked on the show.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know that and I didn't watch those shows. Seems like a nice guy and he does a good job on the shows with Joan. I'm sure his position in Joan's company entails a lot of responsibility and he must do a good job or she wouldn't have him on board.

Super Contributor

On 4/23/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

If those dates came from IMDB.com, it's because that site lists the year the show first aired, not the year the person appeared or worked on the show.

Yes, that's true, and that fact was corrected a few threads down, thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't see anywhere his name being listed as David Dingle Dangle.

Also he wasn't an actor on Guiding Light or Bold and the Beautiful he was a costume designer. Also they weren't saying he was on in 1952 but rather that is the year that GL started on television.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I wasn't born in '52. He must have played someone's infant in 1952.

Frequent Contributor

I really like David Dangle and he has been with Joan for over 20 years. He said there has not been any ill feelings or anything like that. They have a lot of respect for one another. I have noticed he stands behind her as if he is there to catch her if she falls. I think Joan leans heavy on David to help her with her business, after all he is the President of the company. Is she 80 or in her 80's? I don't know how she does it. She evidently has been blessed with good health and I wish her well.