Honored Contributor

Dang! breezies underpants on sale ...

[ Edited ]

I just ordered 6 pair at $37+change so $6.16 /pair  a few days ago. Then they go on sale today for $5 a pair in a set of 4. Tried to cancel the ones I ordered but couldn't. Tried customer service to cancel them but she couldn't either - said they are ready to ship so it's too late. Sometimes you just have bad timing I guess.  I love Breezies underwear even though they only last about a year with weekly washing , they are so comfortable, I'm willing to overlook that. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Dang! breezies underpants on sale ...

@151949  I know that is frustrating.  Instead of trying to cancel, I would ask customer service to credit the difference in price.  Especially if they haven't shipped, I would think a few dollars should not be a problem for QVC to credit your account to keep the customer happy.

It's not like you bought them weeks or months ago and now are asking for a credit....which BTW, some retailers (Macys), will honor the price difference for 6 months as long as it isn't on clearance.  I bought a ring from Macys and the price was reduced during a once a year sale about $200 lower then I purchased and I called and they credited my account the difference (and it has been about 2 months).  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Both HSN and Evine will refund the differene if the price goes down in 30 days.  I even got an email from Evine that an item I had just purchased the day before went down in price.  A quick email or phone call and the difference refunded.   I don't think QVC  has that policy though. I've never had a price go down within 30 days here though

Honored Contributor

@151949.  You could order the sale panties and refuse the other package when it arrives.  Just don't open it and write Refused Return to Sender on the package and put it back in the mail.  You won't be charged postage.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@151949It's unfortunate that the previously placed order could not be cancelled.  Perhaps if you push customer service will make an adjustment.  However, given the item already being shipped is a 6-pair set and the Big Deal a 4-pack they aren't actually the same thing and that's where QVC may win the price adjustment argument.  Also, the Big Deal panties have a slightly differnt waistband design than regular Breezies.  Breezies original panties have a white elastic waistband, and the Big Deal panties have what must be a new dyed to match elastic waistband.  

I suppose what's most important is you like the panties, so will be satisfied regardless of a couple dollars difference in the price.  $6.16 a pair for cotton panties isn't bad.  I recently stocked up on Jockey cotton and cotton blend panties, and I believe the cost per pair came to something in the neighborhood of $5 to $6 for each.  

Honored Contributor

Oh good grief, somthing to complain about everyday. 

Don't sweat the small stuff! Some people are simply never happy or satisfied, that is not a good way to live your life.

It is far better to enjoy each day and to have a positive outlook. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@151949.  You could order the sale panties and refuse the other package when it arrives.  Just don't open it and write Refused Return to Sender on the package and put it back in the mail.  You won't be charged postage.

They will come via the post office and be delivered to our gang box mailbox so this is not an option. I could do this if they would be delivered to our door but that's not how our mail delivery works here.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I just ordered 6 pair at $37+change so $6.16 /pair  a few days ago. Then they go on sale today for $5 a pair in a set of 4. Tried to cancel the ones I ordered but couldn't. Tried customer service to cancel them but she couldn't either - said they are ready to ship so it's too late. Sometimes you just have bad timing I guess.  I love Breezies underwear even though they only last about a year with weekly washing , they are so comfortable, I'm willing to overlook that. 

I had the same thing happen and I called customer service and they said you have 30 days to get the lower price adjustment if the price goes down. They did it for me. It was the exact item...polish stoneware piece that went down quite a bit.

Valued Contributor

Are you serious, they only last a year??
Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I had the same thing happen and I called customer service and they said you have 30 days to get the lower price adjustment if the price goes down. They did it for me. It was the exact item...polish stoneware piece that went down quite a bit.

They didn't make any such offer when I called.