@wilma She was a beautiful dancer.  By the way that is some chest in the photo

Ah, yes, the old bullet bras!

Honored Contributor

Re: Dancer Cyd Charisse - Fashion & Costumes

I think Cyd Charisse was grace itself.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@wilma, Thank you for your contributions here.  I did not fully recognize the many talents of this lady.  What you bring to us is something we can all relate to and have interest in.  I do appreciate that.  I will be scanning my Turner movie channel to see this talented beauty in action.

@PamfromCT 

You’re welcome! I post about things I like or I think are interesting. Glad you are enjoying my threads. Have a great weekend! 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@wilma 

I like the white wrap shirt dress! Very pretty. I would definitely wear something like that now

I keep seeing promos for the Betty Broderick mini series and it looks like the clothing is going to be fun. It's circa 80s

@Andreatoo 

Totally agree with you. That white dress is very pretty and timeless. 

Esteemed Contributor

Love the white dress Woman Very Happy. It's timeless. 

@Andreatoo When is the Betty Broderick mini-series scheduled to air? I Would love to see it, but it'll have to be pretty darn good to top the version from the early 1990s starring Meredith Baxter.  Not embarrassed to admit I've watched Baxter's far too many times.    

Respected Contributor

I always thought Cyd Charisse was absolute perfection.  Everything about her.  The way she moved, the way she looked, and the way she carried herself.  I also love the name Cyd.

With a little tweaking I think all of her fashions here would work today.  The first black dress, if the skirt was taken in a little to not reflect the 50's style, would be so perfect to wear today.

I always remember her dance scene with Gene Kelly in 'Singing in the Rain'. 

Joey Heatherton was another dancer I remember growing up.  She was on Dean Martin's show a lot.  But she's a much different type.  Cyd seemed like she could dance anything.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

Love the white dress Woman Very Happy. It's timeless. 

@Andreatoo When is the Betty Broderick mini-series scheduled to air? I Would love to see it, but it'll have to be pretty darn good to top the version from the early 1990s starring Meredith Baxter.  Not embarrassed to admit I've watched Baxter's far too many times.    

@Trix

Looks like the first week of June. I love Amanda Peet, she's a terrific actor,and I can't wait to see it!

Christian Slater commented on one of the promos about the clothing design and how great it was