Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I think this is a picture posed for a magazine ad and does not at all look like someone out to actually walk her dog. Jewelry, makeup, hair , perfect outfit - but the poor dog probably peed on the floor waiting for her to take him out.

@151949  I have seen other photos and articles about her. She’s a fashion stylist and dresses like this and similarly every day. I’m sure she can throw herself together & look great, put together, accessories & all, before the dog has to go out.

Honored Contributor

I guess for me I have never wanted to look "cute" or "adorable" as a grown/mature/old woman--and I see that term used a lot to describe this look.  To me, that says "don't take me seriously," which I suppose goes back to my general nature anyway.  Now don't jump all over me because if you want to look otherwise, that's you not me.  Nothing wrong with that. 

I have never been a "girly girl" with the sweet look,  I have always worked hard to be seen as an independent serious human being.   Don't we all dress to help people see us as we want to be seen?  

Honored Contributor

@busygirl wrote:

She is in great shape so more power to her.  She is letting her hair go natural and more should do that including myself.  If she was trying too hard her hair would be too dark or something.  Outfit is cute but rolled too  high for my taste.  I like a smaller roll.

I should try and dress more hip sometimes.  

@busygirl, I don't think that "more should do this" unless they want to.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Hope the dog isn't embarrassed🐩.

Trusted Contributor

Super Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I think this is a picture posed for a magazine ad and does not at all look like someone out to actually walk her dog. Jewelry, makeup, hair , perfect outfit - but the poor dog probably peed on the floor waiting for her to take him out.

@151949  I have seen other photos and articles about her. She’s a fashion stylist and dresses like this and similarly every day. I’m sure she can throw herself together & look great, put together, accessories & all, before the dog has to go out.

Her comment about the dog peeing on the floor has to be one of the MOST idiotic comments I've ever read. SMH.

Contributor

All I know is I hope to never "act my age," whatever the heck THAT means!!! It's like some who think after 50 you're doomed to mattes and nudes!!!!!!!! 

I'm almost 56, and the older I get, the less I give a flying **** what anyone thinks about me other than myself, my 21 yr younger hubby 😉, and sometimes my newly 18 yr old daughter!! Maybe it's the 3rd generation Leo in me!

Rock hard, ride free!!!!

Honored Contributor

@sol_luna wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Her comment about the dog peeing on the floor has to be one of the MOST idiotic comments I've ever read. SMH.

@sol_luna  I agree. Her comment about getting dressed & getting the dog out does not make sense.

Honored Contributor

@Janicecp wrote:

All I know is I hope to never "act my age," whatever the heck THAT means!!! It's like some who think after 50 you're doomed to mattes and nudes!!!!!!!! 

I'm almost 56, and the older I get, the less I give a flying **** what anyone thinks about me other than myself, my 21 yr younger hubby 😉, and sometimes my newly 18 yr old daughter!! Maybe it's the 3rd generation Leo in me!

Rock hard, ride free!!!!

That's great for you but my goal in life is to act my age so that people never look at me and think "old fool."  That's my worst fear.   I AM old, I am proud to BE old, and not at all ashamed of it.  It's part of the long life I have lived to get here.  It is just as good as the young years, but there are different things to enjoy now and not worry about--such as how young I look.  

I too have a younger husband, but hey, he's old now too!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: DRESSING TOO YOUNG

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Janicecp wrote:

Rock hard, ride free!!!!

That's great for you but my goal in life is to act my age so that people never look at me and think "old fool."  That's my worst fear.   I AM old, I am proud to BE old, and not at all ashamed of it.  It's part of the long life I have lived to get here.  It is just as good as the young years, but there are different things to enjoy now and not worry about--such as how young I look.  

I too have a younger husband, but hey, he's old now too!  LOL!!!

@Sooner @Janicecp.  When I choose clothing when shopping or dress for the day, I don’t think “young” or “old”. My style is rather tailored and minimal which lends itself well to my baskets, drawers and glass bowls of accessories....some are tame & many are “out there”...colorful, one of a kind from boutiques or jewelry I’ve made myself. 

I pay no attention to my upcoming 70th birthday in 3 months (I still feel 35-40 inside). Good genes, skincare routine, no sun, healthy eating and lots of exercise have kept me energetic and looking 20 yrs. younger (IMHO)....Yes, even with white hair.

Being 5’1” and 100 lbs. does not dictate small jewelry or limited accessories. Maybe because I’m an artist, I enjoy a bold pin or arm full of bangles, antique pins on a jean jacket, etc. or a colorful scarf.....maybe several of the above all at once.

In today’s world, we’re lucky there are no rules about what to wear at what age (as long as appropriate “parts” are covered). Other than that, anything goes, at least for me.