Honored Contributor

Re: DREAD WARM WEATHER CLOTHES

Oh I look forward to wearing my warm weather clothes! I'm a clothes horse and love wearing my clothes for all seasons. But I live on a lake in a resort town so we all gear up for Summer! I have always loved hot weather. The hotter the better. I even like humidity! I grew up loving the Summer months. It wasn't until I joined these boards that I realized that there actually are people in the world that hate Summer. Thats foreign to me. Woman Surprised

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

@SharkEwrote:

What's so funny now days is the thin women are wearing what looks to be maternity tops. All puffed out and spag. straps and the pregnant ones are still trying to wear their usual clothes and now they have a beach ball in front of them with navel showing thru the thin tops.

This! Horrible looks on both.
Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Honored Contributor

@ID2wrote:

Oh I look forward to wearing my warm weather clothes! I'm a clothes horse and love wearing my clothes for all seasons. But I live on a lake in a resort town so we all gear up for Summer! I have always loved hot weather. The hotter the better. I even like humidity! I grew up loving the Summer months. It wasn't until I joined these boards that I realized that there actually are people in the world that hate Summer. Thats foreign to me. Woman Surprised

If you had high Tx electric rates you'd scream and besides your in Michigan.

We haven't had rain since Sept of 2017. Humidity is 10%. Fire alerts are posted every where.

Respected Contributor

If I want to be covered but not smothered in the heat, I have some summer-weight sweaters that are perforated (only description I can think of) that look a bit more polished over a tank but are still cool. A sheer top over a tank works well too. I am very happy there are so many different fashionable pant lengths to choose from for summer wear. I wear Bermudas, capris, and ankle pants in warmer weather.

Someone mentioned the maternity look and I just returned a SG tank for that reason. I am certainly not going to be mistaken for an expectant mother, but the top had so much fabric flopping around the stomach area It would certainly accommodate a baby. It added 20lbs. I do not need that!

Honored Contributor

Heavens yes, I love hiding in sweatshirts and the dressiest I get in the winter is a couple of French terry tops from Linea.  Now I have to deal with the protruding stomach in thinner fabrics .  I notice I even have sagging skin in my armpits.  What is that about?  I never looked until they started running some ad on TV about deodorant and arm pits.  Those ladies in the burquas might have something. 

Honored Contributor

sure won't get cancer from the sun, poor women.

Can you imagine what they think when they see some of the stuff over here?

When you've been sheltered from the world like they have been and see all of a sudden women with it all hanging out in the stores, in the banks, etc.

Culture shock ! be like us suddenly landing in a world where we can't drive, vote, go any place by ourselves, on and on like that

Esteemed Contributor

I live in the Missouri with a definite winter season (although little snow this year), and warm weather can't get here soon enough. I'm so anxious to shed socks and heavy shoes/boots and winter coats! I'm counting the days until I can paint my toenails and get my sandals and flip flops out. No sleeveless tops for me either (those wingy things!) so I look for lightweight shirts that are elbow length. And when it gets really steamy here I've found that a lightweight pair of palozzo pants are perfect and much more comfortable than tight or clingy pants, and look great with a pair of sandals. I'm ready!

Valued Contributor

@FranandZoe

You hit the nail on the head, PA sister!   The same clothes I have on inside can be worn outside without adding outerwear.  Yay!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

I know it happens every year & living in the hot, humid south, think I’d be used to it after 67 yrs., but I’m just not a fan of summer clothes.

I’m not a shorts, skirt or dress gal. Things get stifled in that “area”. Short sleeves? Not anymore....a piece of skin waves back when I lift my arms...after all that work w/ weights at the gym...frustrating! 

I usually still wear long sleeves...less spf to think about and lightweight slacks. Gone are my outfit making jackets and scarves. My beloved boots give way to sandals and toe maintenance becomes necessary again. 

Anyone else a cooler weather lady?

Yes!!!! Too much to hide...I also hate feeling hot and sticky..

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I prefer cooler weather, too.

I most love the days when it's not too warm for the air conditioner or not too cold for the heater.  

I now own two of the Joan Rivers lightweight shirts (A264732) in khaki that I wear as summer jackets over tees or tanks in hot weather.  I like to be more covered, too, for the most part.

Joan Rivers Lightweight Boyfriend Shirt - A264732

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.