Esteemed Contributor

Re: DO YOUR “REAL CLOTHES” STILL FIT?

no way

I had lost 20#   and bought all new clothes

20# are back

I need to workout and stop "snacking"

Esteemed Contributor

My "real clothes" are jeans and t-shirts.  My wardrobe hasn't changed because I'm staying home.   Heck, I'm retired so I stayed home most of the time anyway!    So, yes, my real clothes still fit.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I still wear my " real" clothes everyday. I don't even own a pair of Yoga pants. I have sweats, but it's too hot to wear them.

I am not eating any more than usual. I am retired so my daily routine hasn't changed much since this all began.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine do. I've have been working out more (I pulled the Total Gym that I had bought years ago out of the closet). Since I am not going "out" to eat, I have found I am eating better as well.

The worst part for me has been the weather has been cold and rainy here in the Philadelphia area. If the weather were better, it would allow me to add more walking into the mix.

I've been using the push mower to mow the lawn on the days when we have had sun. Figure that is both strength and aerobic exercise.  Gotta take it where I can find it these days.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No.  Actually they are looser.  I'm 110 lbs.  My weight has dropped a little.  Before the pandemic began I was 113 lbs.  A lot of it is stress over working from home, keeping my house clean, and making sure I have whatever my family needs.  And of course, staying inside.  

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

Mine do. I've have been working out more (I pulled the Total Gym that I had bought years ago out of the closet). Since I am not going "out" to eat, I have found I am eating better as well.

The worst part for me has been the weather has been cold and rainy here in the Philadelphia area. If the weather were better, it would allow me to add more walking into the mix.

I've been using the push mower to mow the lawn on the days when we have had sun. Figure that is both strength and aerobic exercise.  Gotta take it where I can find it these days.

@GinaV24, I'm in Ohio and our weather has pretty much stunk too.  We get a few days here and there that are nice.  Just enough to get us excited and think spring and then it gets cold and rainy.  Last Friday we even had a rain/snow mix.  It's nuts.  

Valued Contributor

Yes my REAL clothes still fit and so should your clothes!  SHAMEFUL but this is where American is going with all these huge sizes.  All my life I care enough about myself to keep myself a healthy weight - it isn't easy but pride in oneself does work! 

Contributor

whatever works....weigh or don't weigh...put on your Quacker jeans and in an hour or so...VOILA...comfy as ever.  There are so many more important things to worry about right now than  a few extra pounds ...

Honored Contributor

I eat 2 meals a day and I don't snack in between.   I'm busy with my work from home job so the days fly by and I don't find myself getting the munchies - thank goodness.

Honored Contributor

I've lost 6-7 pounds since this started. I weigh less than I did when I got married. 

I dress every day in the same clothes I wear for a typical pre-plague day.

Not braggin'or complainin'. This is the first time in over three years that I've been able to sleep about 6 1/2-7 hours every night, instead of 4-5.

I practice my music an hour+ every day, and although my lessons have stopped, I'm making progress.

I'm locked in, and long for a visit into my local supermarket, but on my trusted physician's recommendation, will NOT risk it.

I haven't seen my grandchildren, including my fab new grandson, for almost 7 weeks, and it will be weeks more at very least before we can see each other.

Covid seized my fragile, cherished LO, and attempted to ruin her in a 3 week onslaught, but yesterday I got to talk to her on FaceTime.

HATE WHERE WE ARE NOW, BUT NEVER LET IT BREAK YOU.