Honored Contributor

DO YOUR “REAL CLOTHES” STILL FIT?

[ Edited ]

It's been seven or eight weeks now enjoying the comfort of my yoga pants, workout clothes and no bra (yay!). I've been eating a lot more than usual and even though walking and doing YouTube yoga classes, my gym has been closed for 5 weeks...no good sweaty workouts. 

While doing laundry yesterday, I figured I better try on my jeans and pants and see how I'm doing. Yes, everything still fits! I'm not a scale watcher, but judge by my clothes feeling tighter. 

Are your pants getting a little snug after "sheltering in place"?

Trusted Contributor

Re: DO YOUR “REAL CLOTHES” STILL FIT?

They sure are! My pants still fit, but they are snug. I'm having a problem socially distancing from my refrigerator. I have always been a boredom eater, so this has been a little tough.

Honored Contributor

I haven’t tried everything on, but I have on my smallest size jeans today. I figure if I can get in those, my other pants should fit too. I’ve eaten more sweets & candy from Easter the last couple of weeks, but I’m not overeating. 

Respected Contributor

I've been working from home since 3/18.  I hate it, but mostly I hate not having a gym to use at lunch and after work.  I'm a gym rat.  I have a pilates machine and treadmill at home.  I've continued to jog outside and ride my bike when weather pemits, but I miss the weight machines.  I'm thin and need the muscle building.  I'm eating much healthier at home (less munching), so my weight hasn't gone up. even though I need a few pounds.  The problem is that I have to sit in front of the laptop sp much that I think my weight is shifting from my rear to my middle!  Waaaaah!

Laura loves cats!
Super Contributor

Nothing is fitting very well, I am working at the hospital but I find myself eating too much at work and at home. Stress eating at work and boredom eating at home. Trying to stop reaching for junk. Hope I can get control because it makes me rather miserable to feel my clothes so tight. Trying to take weight off is not new to me so I just need to wrap my mind around it and do it.

Respected Contributor

They actually do. I've lost 3.5 pounds since this all started.  But the first 2 weeks, I did a lot of mindless eating.  Once I came to the realization that I couldn't keep that up, I'm not snacking as much and have done a lot of extra cardio, which I think accounts for some of the  weight loss.  But it has taken a lot of self control because even when I'm in the office--I snack when I get bored.

Esteemed Contributor

Wearing same clothes, but I did drag out the row machine. I usually go to gym, but hey, hello row machine. I should be 10pounds down by now according to my personal goals. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

My eating is outta control. Afraid to even try! 

Esteemed Contributor

The answer to this question depends on what time of day we're talking about. If it's 8-9 am, I put on my jeans but have great difficulty closing them up. However, jeans stretch, so that by 10am I can zip and snap them.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I still have to put on real outside work pants with a waist button and no spandex every day.

Remember when we had to wear wool pencil skirted suits to work?  Those kept us on the straight and narrow.