Super Contributor

Re: DO YOU NEED THUMB HOLES?

Different reasons for different people on whether a style works for them or not.  There's nothing "to get."  PLENTY of choices without thumbholes.  

I love them.

Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I have loved them and worn them for years.  I taught baton and twirlers have worn sweatshirt jackets with them as well as arm warmers with them to keep their wrists limber.  They came in handy for me when our office was always so cold and many others had me order them after seeing them.  Great for anyone with wrist stiffness and arthritis.

@Pook I love them as well. Great for when you exercise especially pilates and yoga,,

Honored Contributor

Nope!  I don't care for them either.

Honored Contributor

Thumb holes are on some of my soft cuddle dud type cardigans I wear in the winter which I got on Q.

In the video, the hosts were giddy over them.  They don't do a thing for me.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely! I'm an avid walker, walk every single day in every kind of weather. They come in sooooo handy when its chilly out..The best invention!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I deliberately avoid anything with thumb holes.  I can remember when they were only featured on children's clothing and that's where they should have stayed.  An adult should be able to pull a jacket on over a shirt and hold onto the shirt for the brief second it takes to get the jacket over it.  I don't want to be seen with my thumbs protruding from my shirt like a little kid. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I do not care for thumb holes at all and did without them before they became a trend and continue to do without them.  Just my taste!

Honored Contributor

I think they can be pretty cute, especially in activewear but after awhile it drives me crazy because they can get dirty easily and make it harder to wash your hands, etc.  But, it can be a fun look. 

Respected Contributor

If I’m not going to use them, I just fold back the cuffs.
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  I would never buy an item with thumbholes. They seem very impractical. A  couple of years ago I was watching an episode of the tv show The Kitchen. A guest came out and was sharing a recipe. She had a top on with thumbholes. Even though it was probably planned that way , the regulars on the show actually prepared the dish as she explained how to make it. But it made me think how impractical it would be to deal with, and why bother if you have to constantly take your thumbs out and roll the sleeve.I am also very tired of all of the hoodies, hi-low hems, shark bite tops. etc.