Esteemed Contributor

Re: DO NOT WANT TO "READ" MY CLOTHING

@Still Raining wrote:

You haven't lived until your kids get a tee printed for you for a joke.  Some writing is priceless.

@Still Raining  My grands gave me one, If all else fails, ASK NANA  It's bright pink with navy letters. It's a treasure.I do avoid wearing to formal occasions.  😍

Honored Contributor

Sometimes, when I look at pajamas and tee shirts emblazoned with words; I think sellers think customers are part of The Seven Dwarfs; Sleepy, Grumpy, Bashful, Dopey, Happy. 

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

Is it really that difficult to wear something if you like it and not wear it if you don't?

@jonbon   Nope, but continues to be an issue giving a personal opinion here.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

Is it really that difficult to wear something if you like it and not wear it if you don't?

@jonbon   Nope, but continues to be an issue giving a personal opinion here.

Wow -- where did I say that you couldn't give your opinion (just like I gave mine)?

Contributor

I make a few exceptions but I'm a guy so it's limited to a single word per shirt.  My acceptable examples are: 

Jeep

Dodge

Ram

Chrysler

Plymouth 

Mopar

Roadrunner

Cuda

Challenger

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I'm not fond of tees, sweatshirts or other clothing that has printed sayings, slogansor even the designers' logos or initials largely printed on my clothing. 

If I have something to say, words to convey, I'll express them myself verbably. I hope this trend ends with 2020.  

@Shanus 

It isn’t a trend that is going to go away. It isn’t a look that I care for but a lot of people want to be read, literally.

Thank goodness we don’t have to wear them ourselves! 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Remember the Ben Casey, M.D. blouse or it could pass for Dr. Kildare.  I was the first girl in 7th grade to have one.  My mom bought it at Robert Hall for me.  I think I was in 7th grade, if not then 6th grade.  Talk about a trend.

It seems that words on clothes are old hat and hopefully fade out in 2021.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus   Remember the Ben Casey, M.D. blouse or it could pass for Dr. Kildare.  I was the first girl in 7th grade to have one.  My mom bought it at Robert Hall for me.  I think I was in 7th grade, if not then 6th grade.  Talk about a trend.

It seems that words on clothes are old hat and hopefully fade out in 2021.

@Katcat1   You have a great memory!! I must have had similar shirts as a teen. Many folks here missed the point. I wasn't referrng to concert tees, college teams jerseys/sweatshirts.....

The shirts and sweaters that bother me are the "Hope Is Everything", "Dream", "Friends Forever", etc. words emblazzened across the chest. Of course, if you like it, purchase it. I was just giving my opinion.