Honored Contributor

Re: DO NOT WANT TO "READ" MY CLOTHING

I don't understand why someone thinks something should go away just because they don't like it.  Buy what you want and leave the rest.  

I do have some t-shirts with saying on them and I like them and wear them.  Some of them are animal related (won't get into what they say because the thread will get poofed) and some I just thought were cute.  

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

This post is so petty, and it's also inaccurate. Messages on shirts are not a trend or new thing. Sometimes I think people post strong opinions about insignificant things just because they are bored and want to start something.

@JJsMom , where have you been?  LOL  It is nice to see you again. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

While they have been around for ages, what bothers me is when something becomes a trend.  Retailers wanting to get into the action inundate us with it.

A trend similar to ankle pants.  Repetitiveness is a form of brainwashing. There's a lot of psychology used in sales.  Long pants are out, exposing ankles is in.  It works like a charm.  Retailers make a lot of money because those falling for it think they must "update" their wardrobes or called "outdated" by the fashion police.  

In a few years, those same fashion police will offer a list of the worst fashion faux pas from the previous year.  I'm betting printed tops and ankle pants will be on that list. 

@Foxxee, just try to mess with my beloved ankle skinnys! :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

This post is so petty, and it's also inaccurate. Messages on shirts are not a trend or new thing. Sometimes I think people post strong opinions about insignificant things just because they are bored and want to start something.

When I saw the subject line, my first reaction was, here we go again. Yes, this is one of those perennial topics that is insured to elicit a ton of repsponses.

Good to see you here, @JJsMom 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I totally agree. Word shirts are not my style.   

Honored Contributor

@Shanus    sayings on clothes are tacky like bumper stickers on cars...one and the same,

Honored Contributor

The only graphic clothes I like.  In a foreign language

shirt 2.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus   I agree with your completely.  I just don't care for the look.  I do, however have a sweatshirt that was given to me by a family member that says "Shopping is my Cardio"...It was meant to be funny and I have only worn it twice...only in the company of family members.   😄

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

Ditto Kiddo - I'm in total agreeance on this one.

Honored Contributor

Just University logo on game day, which have been few and far between lately.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras