Honored Contributor

Re: DO NOT WANT TO "READ" MY CLOTHING

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Clothing and accessories with logos, slogans, cute sayings has been around for as long as I can remember. It's hardly a trend. I'm not particularly a fan either, particularly on purses. But I'd never be so arrogant as to call for it to go away simply because I don't care for it. I just don't purchase things that I don't like. Simple. 

@FrostyBabe1  I get your point, but there's a difference between arrogance (strong word) and opinion.

Honored Contributor

I agree when it comes to clothing.  I do wear a cross necklace. The necklace itself, I realize, does make a statement about who I am and what I believe but it brings me comfort and peace and I don't use it to push my faith on anyone else.  It just holds great meaning for me and when I see it...well, it pleases me.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Clothing and accessories with logos, slogans, cute sayings has been around for as long as I can remember. It's hardly a trend. I'm not particularly a fan either, particularly on purses. But I'd never be so arrogant as to call for it to go away simply because I don't care for it. I just don't purchase things that I don't like. Simple. 

@FrostyBabe1  I get your point, but there's a difference between arrogance (strong word) and opinion.

Just as there's a difference between opinion, and constant, nitpicking complaints about the most inconsequential things. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Bri369  I have to repeat, it's not juvenille to voice my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Bri369  I have to repeat, it's not juvenille to voice my opinion.

It's more than an opinion.  You wish for it to "go away." 

So  nobody is supposed to manufacturer or sell something you don't like?  That's not even realistic.  The constant complaining about things you don't like is annoying.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I agree when it comes to clothing.  I do wear a cross necklace. The necklace itself, I realize, does make a statement about who I am and what I believe but it brings me comfort and peace and I don't use it to push my faith on anyone else.  It just holds great meaning for me and when I see it...well, it pleases me.

@jubilant   I'm not sure wearing a cross qualifies anymore than my wearing my Star of David. It's not words, but our faith in that case..not in your face sayings. 

Honored Contributor

@Bri369   It's a "tongue in cheek" expression. I have no control over the clothing manufacturing businesses.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@jubilant   I'm not sure wearing a cross qualifies anymore than my wearing my Star of David. It's not words, but our faith in that case..not in your face sayings. 

@Shanus   Yes, I agree.  I'm just not into logo's and wearing words on my boobies!

Ha!! Heaven knows they stick our far enough!!!

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@Shanus   Yes, I agree.  I'm just not into logo's and wearing words on my boobies!

Ha!! Heaven knows they stick our far enough!!!

@jubilant   LOL

Honored Contributor

Even though it's not something I would be interested in, I have no problem with others who enjoy such designs.  I can't imagine it ever going away.  It's been popular forever.  Room for everybody's taste.