Honored Contributor

Re: DO NOT WANT TO "READ" MY CLOTHING

I like the life is good t shirts,so to each their own choice.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I actually like them but don't own any except for a few with logos (Nike, etc.).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Generally, I agree, but I'm not giving up my instructional sweatshirt that reads: "I'm Only Talking To My Dog Today." It cuts down on intrusive chatter Woman Wink

QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

Generally, I agree, but I'm not giving up my instructional sweatshirt that reads: "I'm Only Talking To My Dog Today." It cuts down on intrusive chatter Woman Wink

Yes, generally I agree too, but like you, every once in a while, there is that PERFECT graphic tee that is hard to resist.

I'm still sad that I didn't buy one that read "MY NEXT HUSBAND WILL BE NORMAL."

Even he laughed when I told him about it.

Respected Contributor

I do like my Life is Good hoodies and tees that I have but I gravitate toward the graphics with no words (like just a snowflake or just a flower).  I do have a few college sports tees but those are understated too with just the team name and logo but no sayings. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wear what you like, buy what you like it doesn't affect me in any way. There are trends, like the cold shoulder I didn't care for but others did so why would I want it to go away? 

"Variety is the spice of life"  

Honored Contributor

I had one "message" t-shirt that I got as a joke-gift from ny nieces and nephews.  It was bright yellow and said:

I'm that CRAZY AUNT you've heard about!

I used to wear it to the gym - always a great conversation starter!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

I'm not fond of tees, sweatshirts or other clothing that has printed sayings, slogansor even the designers' logos or initials largely printed on my clothing. 

If I have something to say, words to convey, I'll express them myself verbably. I hope this trend ends with 2020.  

I understand what you mean @Shanus but am I incorrect in remembering your affection for Louis Vuitton accessories? I confess to loving my Epi leather handbag with a tiny LV on the corner. 

So I guess to each his own. 

Honored Contributor

I have a little different take on it.  I don't like emblazoned logos or a brand's large print on my clothes.

However, I do like word art on my clothes very much, by my own words.  For years, I've used fabric paint and paint markers to write sayings on my clothes and sneakers.  For example, I have several denim jackets, and on some I have painted strategic sayings or art that mean something to me.  

On an inside jacket placket I have a brief one line from a favorite poem an authored friend of mine wrote in one of her books years ago.  I have painted hearts that look like they are flying away, and transform into the word LOVE on my sleeve of another.

I've taken inexpensive high-top sneakers and written words and saying on them, so that it looks like newspaper print with only good news headlines.

So no, I generally do not like bold word or phrases across my chest.  But I like my more discrete and personal word art on some of my clothes.  I love it, and I've gotten many compliments on them. 

It's all just personal taste.  I certainly would never wish to see it go away in any style for those that like it all.