Honored Contributor

Re: DISAPPOINTING NORDSTROM ANNIV. SALE CATALOG!!

@Fifi1 wrote:

I've bought less and less the past probably 5-6 years.  My presale appt is Thursday at noon for shoes, 2 for cosmetics and undies after that!  No need to even look at clothing, our store has really poor choices in the clothing area and has for years!  I need new workout shoes and the undie stuff, but bet I spend under 600$ total.  

Hi Fifi.  I bet the sales 10 years ago were great.  I thought, up until this year, that the sales were great!  I'm disappointed just this year!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Fifi1 wrote:

I've bought less and less the past probably 5-6 years.  My presale appt is Thursday at noon for shoes, 2 for cosmetics and undies after that!  No need to even look at clothing, our store has really poor choices in the clothing area and has for years!  I need new workout shoes and the undie stuff, but bet I spend under 600$ total.  

Hi Fifi.  I bet the sales 10 years ago were great.  I thought, up until this year, that the sales were great!  I'm disappointed just this year!

Oh they were, back in the day!  I'd purchase several pair of shoes, clothing, handbag, and cosmetics and foundations!  I'd save So much $$$  - like 1000+ the after sale prices, as many did!  I'm ticked no reward points, and really only going for my presales to look and a very few items.  I have 200$ in rewards I just may spend, since I'm not getting extra!  The inventory is getting bad in stores too!  Curious to see if they have more for Anniversary or not...

Respected Contributor

For those of you looking for reward points - don't forget you get a triple point day of your choice. Use it during this sale. I am. HTH

Trusted Contributor

I surprise myself, by saying, I doubt if I'll buy anything. 

Last year, I needed to do some major wardrobe updating, and, I did more than I intended😀

This year, there's just nothing I really need or even really want. 

I'd like a nice leather jacket, but, I never seem to find one that I love, and that's in the budget. I'm a handbaganista 😉  I've been wanting to try a Brahmin, not finding anything that excites me!

I guess I'll be able to afford a really good vacuum! Mine needs  replacing! 😉

Honored Contributor

I went today.  It was so disappointing--to say the least.  I bought a hat for $30 and that's it so far.  I saw a pair of Steve Madden booties I may get, but I didn't cave as of yet. 

I'm SO glad, lol, I don't have to have much.    I usually spend a lot of money at Nordies during the sale, and I'm sure I"ll spend less than a few hundred dollars by the time it's over this year.  My favorite shoe sales clerk said he thought it wasn't a good sale either, but he said they've sold out of many things already.  My thougth is that Nordies reduced inventory bigtime.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1

There's lots of blowback about this sale on Nordie's FB page and various blogs. Many agree that there's a lack of range of styles (especially in shoes), the beauty exclusives aren't a huge wow, and that the clothing is geared for the very young and very casual.

I bought Paige jeans because they're my favorite brand, 2 pairs of Rag and Bone boots, a sweater that was cute and not expensive, a bottle of Donna Karan body lotion and stocked up on Hanky Panky. That's about 1/3 of what I would usually end up buying at this sale. I also thought prices were higher than in the past.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

I liked her picksHere

Valued Contributor

I don't seem to be able to link the site (link keeps disappearing), but if you want to see some great picks from the pre sale, go to "themomedit dot com". She has some great choices and links to each product. 

Respected Contributor

I was at Nordies today also and the store was busy.
I didn't get a chance to go to all the depts I intended to, but I did wind up buying a few Wacoal bras. Even the bra selection wasn't super.🙁 I plan on going back in midweek hopefully to check out beauty, accessories, shoes..
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

@winamac1

There's lots of blowback about this sale on Nordie's FB page and various blogs. Many agree that there's a lack of range of styles (especially in shoes), the beauty exclusives aren't a huge wow, and that the clothing is geared for the very young and very casual.

I bought Paige jeans because they're my favorite brand, 2 pairs of Rag and Bone boots, a sweater that was cute and not expensive, a bottle of Donna Karan body lotion and stocked up on Hanky Panky. That's about 1/3 of what I would usually end up buying at this sale. I also thought prices were higher than in the past.

I didn't see the Rag and Bone, but I didn't have much time to spend there.  I'm sure they were cute.  I like Paige jeans too, and I own several pair.  I doubt I buy much more.  I saw a cute pair of Zella leggings, but I didn't buy them as I bought a few recently from LLLemon.   I guess it's a good thing we aren't spending as much money.  I looked at my receipt, and with tax...I've spent $32.50 so far, LOL!

Enjoy your purchases!