Honored Contributor

I just got the DG2 Virtual Stretch jegging yesterday---in the black and ordered my normal medium size-----holy cow, they fit very well. Had to really do the shimmy , shimmy, jump up and down to get into them---thought no way would they go over my hips but they did and fit fantastic.!!! Very comfy on my waist and belly without being gawd awful tight. Smooths the lumps and bumps too. First time ordering this brand and very happy I didn't go down a size a they suggested. In fact may order a large to see what the difference is. And the best part is they don't have that weird smell that black pants can have from the dye.

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl, congratulations on the good fit.  If you can get a fit, Diane Gilman’s jeans are great.  I gave up on them a long time ago.  Inconsistent sizing and a small fortune returning them made the decision for me.  The shopping channels all know the issue but it remains to be addressed by them or Diane Gilman.  LM

Honored Contributor

I have had very good luck with DG, but not everyone does. I think it is all down to how you are built.

Honored Contributor

I normally cannot wear DG items if they have a traditional waistband with a zip front and button.

A few months ago she had a TSV that was the Suddenly Slim Comfort Waist Jegging.  Against my better judgment I ordered a pair and I love them.  Like you, I have to shimmy to get into them but once on, they are fab.

During host pick day, I decided to try the Slimming Waist Ponte Bootcut Jean and these are another winner.  The fit is perfect, the hand of the ponte is fabulous, the black are a very deep, saturated black and they have washed well so far.  If these are on any kind of reduced price for her visit this weekend, I'm grabbing a few more pair.  I want to try the tall because the regular length in the ponte could be longer since I wear heels.  I'm just afraid the waist of the tall will go up to my boobs.  LOL   

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl, Were these made in Viet Nam.  The only black pair I've received that did not stink were made there.  I wasn't sure if that was a fluke or not.  

Since yours didn't have that smell, I'm thinking about trying them anyway .  Thanks for your help. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've had similar experiences over the years with DG2 jeans.  However I have to say that I love the newer virtual stretch, they fit me true to size.  If I went down as suggested they would be too tight.  Only warning is the colored jeans vs the denim do not run the same or have the same stretch IMO.

Honored Contributor

I'm rather 'long-ish' and wondering if these pants have a high waist?  Always looking for a somewhat higher placed waistband in pants, jegging, leggings, etc., etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Re: DG2 skinny pants review

[ Edited ]

@kze--hi---no these were made in China and after really sniffing them, there is a little odor but have not wash them yet--maybe just the smell of the fabric itself and will be gone once it is washed----will let you know. Some of the black dye has a really awful smell, these do not but there is a little.

and I did order these jeggings in the large to see how they fit---I am not a fan or have the shape for skin tight leggings and the medium size I have now fit more snug than my other jeggings---- I like them to be less snug so we will see. 

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl  Thanks so much for the information.  I'll be watching for any comments you have later.  

Honored Contributor

@ROMARYlook at the rise measurements. If you don't know what size you are there,measure a pr of pants that fit the way, you like them