Trusted Contributor

Re: DG2 Vintage Skinny Jean TSV

[ Edited ]

I learned the hard way after too many orders and exchanges and returns that when you order DG2, you are in for a wild ride: Size inconsistency, including between colors and also between two of the same color in the same size (I am not making this up); poor workmanship; and items that stretch and grow on you during the day until you need to go home and change.

And then, there's the ONE in 20 orders that fits so well and looks so good, you get snookered in again (repeat wild ride). 

I finally got too old for this kind of excitement. I gave up.

Edited to add: @sandraskates, I have not ordered DG2 Vintage Skinny Jeans so I cannot report on the fit of this one, but I hope if you order this TS, you get a pair that looks and fits great!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone for your feedback and comments. I want the pair with the flowers down the side and I know with my proportioned but curvy figure that hips can be exaggerated so I wouldn't want them skin tight.

I was looking at a pair of jeggings I bought from Kohls with a similar fabric content, 1% Spandex and they are a 10.

Still don't know what to do! Might buy 2 pairs - a 10 and a 12 - on easy pay and try them on. I don't really like to play that game but if these look good I know I'd get a lot of wear out of them.

Esteemed Contributor

@MsLomo

Your post mirrors my DG2 experience exactly, only I still fall for the hype now and then!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

Thanks everyone for your feedback and comments. I want the pair with the flowers down the side and I know with my proportioned but curvy figure that hips can be exaggerated so I wouldn't want them skin tight.

I was looking at a pair of jeggings I bought from Kohls with a similar fabric content, 1% Spandex and they are a 10.

Still don't know what to do! Might buy 2 pairs - a 10 and a 12 - on easy pay and try them on. I don't really like to play that game but if these look good I know I'd get a lot of wear out of them.

@sandraskates,

If you can swing it, I would get three different sizes all in the same color and style. Hopefully one of them will fit you.

Super Contributor

I don't do skinny jeans so these aren't for me. I've wanted to try Diane's jeans but what annoys me is every style in every cut the legs looks scrunched on the models. I like the legs to lay straight. Has anyone who tried them have this happen or do they lay straight?  Also all the reviews I've read the sizing runs large, is this correct

Esteemed Contributor

@suewags23 wrote:

I have bought her jeans before but for me the waist is to high.  But I do like the off white TSV, they looked cute with her coral top but I don't know that I would ever really wear them.  Also how does she fit inot a 2 or 4?  I am 122lbs and I wear her jeans in an 8.

Been wondering that for years..(she cannot be a size 2 or 4)..I weigh 110 and wear a 6 or 8..!! I think she weighs more then 110..also, the top she was wearing didn't compliment her figure at all..it made her look pregnant..! Since she was born in 1945..I doubt thats the case..I decided against the jeans..(spent too much money already) the white TSV is darling and I hope you enjoy them!!!!!! You gotta hand it to Diane..she makes a killing!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

When I look at Diane on screen, she appears to have very thin legs, no hips and no butt. She might really be wearing a size 2/4 because it is obvious to me that the weight around her mid-section is pushed up, creating a very big muffin top. I think if she were to wear a size that would fit her waist then the butt and thighs would be baggy on her. This is what I see anyway.

Honored Contributor

Whatever you do don't size down to your ideal size! Unless of course you want to look like Diane poured into your jeans! Lol I'm a 4-6 depending on the fabrication the cut etcetera and the Bermudas I purchased are size 4 and fit wise they're fine. Prior to that I picked up a pair of white jeans in a size 2 and they're just ridiculous! Yes I can get into them but no I don't want to look like Diane in my jeans!

Esteemed Contributor

@leighagemini wrote:

I don't do skinny jeans so these aren't for me. I've wanted to try Diane's jeans but what annoys me is every style in every cut the legs looks scrunched on the models. I like the legs to lay straight. Has anyone who tried them have this happen or do they lay straight?  Also all the reviews I've read the sizing runs large, is this correct

@leighagemini

If by "scrunched" you mean "so tight they ride up on your leg and get stuck up there," then I would say that has been my experience with all her jeans, even the boot cut, but especially the skinnies.  

Sizing is all over the place, but, yes, generally you should assume they run large.

Why she doesn't incorporate a few true slim leg jeans in her collection, I will never know.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

My Fashion Rule #1 -

When a style "comes back" from my teens or 20s - I leave it to those currently in their teens or 20s!