Valued Contributor

Re: DG2 Jeans (HSN) -- any thoughts or opinions?

I don't understand why all of you with a small waist have such a problem. As I said, I have an hourglass figure, wear her jeans all the time and NEVER wear a belt with no problems. Perhaps you need to go down one more size in order to get a better fit--JMHO!

Esteemed Contributor

I bought one pair of her jeans and returned. I've never tried on such misshapen jeans. They didn't fit my body at all, although the right size. They must fit a lot of people, with over 60,000 sold, but not for me.

Super Contributor

On 2/1/2015 kimthib said:

I don't understand why all of you with a small waist have such a problem. As I said, I have an hourglass figure, wear her jeans all the time and NEVER wear a belt with no problems. Perhaps you need to go down one more size in order to get a better fit--JMHO!

I am an hour glass figure and found if the waist fit, the hips did not. Also the waist is so high. When I tried different sizing, wearing the waist below my belly button, the crotch hung down to the baggy knees.

The fact that Diane says she wears the smallest size tells you if you are smaller, the jeans will never fit you.

Esteemed Contributor

Terrible fabric, it smells of chemicals....I wore a dark color, reddish Jean and came home to take a shower and thought I had a disease. The red die gave my skin a mottled appearance; the color not only bled on to my skin but my undergarments as well. When, I placed them in the wash they ran all over my clothing, 1st wash, 2nd wash, 3rd wash before I threw them out. I recently tried the lighter color super stretch and they bagged all over and slipped down...have no clue about sizing??
Valued Contributor

I ordered my first pair in ivory. I liked the color. I did not size down. I hate skin tight jeans. If I hate them, or they are too big, I will return. I thought they looked really nice in the light color. I hope they look good...worth a try.

Trusted Contributor

I love DG2 superstretch jeggings with comfort waist. I had to try the TS. DG kept saying to size down from her reg denim jeans. I usually size down 1 size from B&M on all her jeans. I have no problem with bagging, stretching or fading. If they bag at the the thighs or crot*ch... you probably need to size down.

So...this time, I went down another size from my normal DG sizing. I sure hope they fit and are not too small?

Honored Contributor

I am another pear shape and most of her jeans do NOT work for my shape. By the time I get the hips, butt and thighs to fit, 2 of me could fit in the waist with room to spare. The rise is also way too high on them and on me the jeans had reverse poop droop. The crotch had a lot of excess material just bagging around.

Last year, I decided to try the superstretch skinny jegging. Man I hate that word, but I digress. They fit me perfectly. I went with my normal size so I didn't look like 2 pounds of sausage in a 1 pound casing and the fit is perfect. I love them. Got them in indigo and have had no fading, no shrinking and they absolutely do NOT bag out at all. They come just below my belly button and there is no gap in the waist.

I ordered the OTO skinnystretch bootcut legging in black and I'll see if those fit me the same as the skinnies.

Esteemed Contributor

Like others have said they are hit & miss. I love her jeggings, however they roll at the waist. I have 3 pair of the American flag jeans that I live in. They do not stretch out or bag at the knees & wash like a dream. However, I purchased two other pairs that the material split across the seat when the spandex wore out after a few washings. I find them large at the waist & I have to wear a belt because I have thin legs and no hips. I had to go DOWN from a 9 to a 4 in her jeans.

Trusted Contributor

I have tried her jegging, skinny & bootcut. Her skinny's are not true skinny's. It is more of a straight leg. I thought it was a great fit at first but after wearing it 2-3 times(w/o washing), it starts sagging. Like you are wearing a diaper! Not for my body type. Zip on the leg broke too!

I would recommend buying jeans in the store to avoid the hassle of returning or if you must try DG2, buy it at a clearance price. I haven't tried her super stretch but I don't think I will. The material on DG2 is inferior to store brand jeans & I don't mean the expensive kind, just the regular jeans in similar price range. In fact, you may get a better deal at the store on sale/coupons, etc & you get to try it!

Contributor

Hi! I have tried several styles of her jeans: boot cut, acid wash, and trouser. Her jeans seem to be made for thinner legs and thicker waists, and that is how I found them to fit. I have the opposite body: larger legs and smaller waist, so they do not work for me. They were skinny on my legs and had "folds" because they were so tight, and I had to keep pulling them up because the waist was actually sliding down as I walked. Just not for my body, I guess...Hope they work for you. : )