Esteemed Contributor

Re: DG2 Jeans (HSN) -- any thoughts or opinions?

I have at least 12-15 pairs of her jeans, two denim coats, a denim duster, and a couple of jean jackets, but I quit buying about two years ago because the sizing issues were intolerable, and the quality went way downhill. Her jean jackets fit perfectly in the beginning, and the same thing happened to them.

I found after I had bought a lot that they wrinkle way more than any of my "cheap" jeans, they don't keep their shape, the rear stretches and starts to sag, (the fabric, not me!), the waist stretches so much on some of them while wearing that I can slip them off without even unbuttoning or unzipping them. I need to do some alterations to fix that problem.

The "Denim" material in the original pairs that I bought looked like denim -- later they stopped looking like real denim and have this slightly wrinkled look to the fabric.

I know thousands of people still love them, but I wouldn't buy another thing from her on a bet! Sorry... {#emotions_dlg.unsure}{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/31/2015 bonnielu said:

I am very hard to fit in jeans. When I find a pair I need to buy more than one. I tried hers I liked them. But it was awhile back and since I have lost weight. My personal preference has been Costco all along.(Gloria Vanderbilt) Never fails me, always fits, comfortable... and they have the petites I need. They cost me about $20 give our take a dollar or two and I cannot wear them out. Very proud of myself of course. Gone from size 14 to size 10 and hopefully I will make the 8 and stop. I am five feet tall so you can only imagine all the fun I have had buying jeans over the years.

I always loved GV jeans! Will have to check them out!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Ya know... I think you all have talked me out of ordering them. I'm afraid of the sizing issues and don't like the fact that they fade either. Like bonnielu, I buy Vanderbilt jeans 99% of the time. No sizing issues there, I never even have to try them on at the store.

Thank you all again for your input. Much appreciated.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I ordered the TS in black and a pair of Super Stretch Bootcut in indigo. I recently gained a lot of weight due to medical issues that I'm trying to lose, but it seems that most of the weight went to my legs and I am definitely not pear shaped. I can't wear anything that is tight around my knees or calves, so I don't know if either of these will work. The good thing is that HSN credits my account quickly when I have to return something, so I was willing to take a chance. I ordered the size that the measurement calculator recommended. I can't wait to try them.
Respected Contributor

Went down a size in the super stretch TS. Love! They are so soft and comfy. Fit is spot on.
Super Contributor

On 1/31/2015 twocent said:
On 1/31/2015 nikkimom said:

twocent your body sounds like mine and I am have Hashimotos also and finally lost 10 lbs so all my size 8 are a bit loose. My question is how is the fit in the thigh? I have a booty which I think the seam placing on this TSV will help but I also have a bigger muscular thigh. I think I will order the 6 but do not want them at all if they are slim in the thigh. Thanks much Smiley Happy

Hi nikkimom! This darn thyroid is no fun, is it? IT isn't as if when you start meds the weight just disappears and melts away.

Let me again state , her sizing can be inconsistent even in the same style - different colors ! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Of course I haven't experienced the TS offered today, but I have several styles of her regular jeans, and many pair of her skinny jeans. Based on all, I find them to be generous in the thigh area. Especially the super -stretch , so unless you are a body builder like I wish I was **sigh** I think you will be fine.

I know when I hear "skinny jean" - I think "model body" and I might as well forget it. But this brand is one that is very generous in the sizing of skinny jeans. They really stretch. Some ladies like the less forgiving true denim material and don't care for this fabrication.

It has been my experience also that the "fashion colors" are cut smaller than the denim choices. In the denim choices, sometimes the chambray runs larger than indigo , with the black running smallest of the three denim choices.

I know {#emotions_dlg.blink} , it is a PITA .

I always reach for either this brand or Style& Co from Macys. Have you ever tried their "Curvy fit ?" They run generous in sizing , also.

I did buy myself some Juniors Arizona destructed bibs from JCP last Summer to wear while doing yard work and my daily activities with my 6 dogs . I just love them. They fit well in size med. I am 36DD (not bragging , just more to fall to the floor here shortly{#emotions_dlg.blushing}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}) and have hips and a smaller waist, so buying clothing can be a challenge. Button down shirts and a good fitting jean ,can be hard to find.

Thank -you ! I have not tried the Style & Co-will look into those also. ITA agree w/ the thyroid issues and aging -60 this year ! Geez it is not for the weak Smiley Happy I am going w/ the 6 in ivory and fingers crossed .

Valued Contributor

On 1/31/2015 terrier3 said:

She's one heck of a fantastic saleswoman...but I don't like her jeans.

I have a small waist and hips that are 10 inches larger...NOT who she makes her jeans for.

You need an "apple" shape to look good in her jeans.

Plus the vanity sizing is crazy...I wear a medium (10-12) in B&M stores - a size 6 with Diane!!!

Terrier3--I have to respectfully disagree. I have an hourglass figure (36-26-36), and her jeans fit me GREAT! I'm a 5'8" 4/6 28 B&M, and I take a 2T in DG2--especially in the new Superstretch--which I absolutely LOVE! I gave away a lot of my other DG2 classic. I liked them and wore them a lot, but the Superstretch is the BOMB!

Honored Contributor

Aside from the fact that they are so long in the rise that they go way above my waist and are uncomfortable, the superstretch stretched out right away after wearing about an hour! There have been 2 styles that have a shorter rise but no more available. They are not as short a rise as I like (to go a bit below the waist )but are very comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

I started out wearing her jeans pretty much when they were first introduced. Loved them. I've quit buying. Something has changed and I don't know if it's the fabric, the cut, the place of origin or all of the above. Just not the same, IMO.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

I tried a pair of her classic bootcut black jeans. The fabric was heavy and stiff, and her purported magic proportions for mature bodies didn't work particularly well for my particular apple-shape. The petite length was too long for me, and the black fabric had a bit of an odor. The jeans did have some stretch that would make them more comfortable, but they weren't "all that" for me.

She actually offers a number of different fabrics and cuts, so another style might work better, but I haven't tried. That $49 pair of black DG jeans is still hanging rather forlornly in my closet, never worn again. At the very least, I need to have them shortened.