Esteemed Contributor

I agree.  I wanted a plaid shirt or two and found great buys at Macy's.  They were already on sale, plus an additional discount.  Just what I wanted to pay to kind of update my casual look without breaking the bank.  For me, this type of shirt is not investment clothing.

Honored Contributor

I think over the years of buying D&C I have found that they do last a long time and still look pretty good. I've found similar less expensive pieces here and there but these cheaper ones don't seem to last and they become out-of-shape quickly. Granted, quality has gone downhill across the board for many brands including D&C, but in the end I notice D&C clothing hangs in my closet longer than most of the cheaper brands and they actually appear less worn out than the cheap ones, too. Get what you pay for...? I think so in this case and imo keeps this brand selling.

Trusted Contributor

I also can say that I have D &Co clothes from years back that are still in good shape.  I also have SG and others from the past.   The past few years while prices are going up the quality has gone down.   Newer pieces are not wearable outside my house.  Their seems to be a quality downgrade in fabrics and workmanship.    Quality control needs to do a better job but with the quoted quantities shipping out daily they must have their hands full.  I have purchased little on line this year and an going to stores like Burlington, Macy's, TJMaxx, etc where I can check the quality and get better pricing.  I also still carry my little 3ft retractable tape measure to check inseams, etc.   This little extra effort has meant I am happy with all my birthday purchases this fall and I have not had to return anything.  I have a Dec and a Jan 3rd birthday and I am finishing up my Christmas shopping.    If all goes well after the holidays I will not have any gifts to exchange.  I will be buying birthday gifts for Feb and looking for that special extra decoration for next year that comes with an 80% discount price.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Is anyone else finding Denim & Co. way more expensive than it used to? $50 for sweater w/ hood that's nothing special in fabric or design, knit pants for $44. This used to be the Q's affordable in house brand. Since there's no middle man (or woman), can't imagine the reasoning behind the price jump. 

QVC is the middle person.  I too think the prices have gotten too expensive.  That being said, for me, the fit is always right and the quality is good.  I have bought some things locally that have not held up in wear and shape.  They either shrink, pill, or become limp and lifeless garments.  I am not thrilled with everything I have kept from Denim & Co., but I still prefer to purchase this line.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva @PamfromCT

speaking of plaid....

Plaid lace peplum top

Too cute!! But expensive at 89.00

(I really want it)

I discovered it perusing the 'catalogs' that @StylishLady posted (Boston Proper)

Thanks @StylishLady !!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Pat from florida  I agree. Warning: last night I received 69 negative replies because I used caps and they said I was shouting! I personally don't care. I use caps all the time in headings and to emphasize a word. Never heard of SHOUTING!

@Shanus  Using all caps is definitely considered shouting.  Here's a quote from netiquette wikia.

All caps is considered shouting on the internet. Shouting is not polite. Therefore, it is bad netiquette to use all caps on the internet because shouting is not polite. Using all capital letters in electronic communication is not unlike shouting at someone in person.
Rule number 2 - Do not use all caps | Netiquette Wiki | Fandom ...
netiquette.wikia.com/wiki/Rule_number_2_-_Do_not_use_all_caps

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I have quit shopping for clothing at the Q due to pricing and quality. Also, lack of petite clothing. I find reasonable pricing at the B&M stores. You pay no shipping and handling and you know the clothing fits. I find the quality at the B&M stores are better than the Q. Too many sales and discounts to bother with the return fees. You end up losing money and they have discouraged customers.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DENIM & CO. PRICES

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

I agree @Shanus.  I really liked a plaid top they had on the Tuesday Carolyn show.  But when I figured what I would be paying for it...about $50.  So not worth it for what it was.  

I have been looking for a nice plaid shirt but don't want to look like a lumberjack.   A host on another channel was wearing one in a FB photo she posted and said it was from HSN.  I went to look and it was $80.00!!!  No thanks.

I did pick up one from Kohls during a Black Friday sale.  It was only $9.99.  By the time I got there, everything was very limited though.  I'm still looking for a black and red plaid.

Being from Minnesota, this is my biggest fear--you know the Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox lumberjack look!  So I didn't want to spend a lot on a shirt that might not prove to be worn a lot.  I found some cute buffalo check shirts with chambray cuff and collar lining at J Crew.  I think they were originally $89.50 with 50% off.  But I didn't find them to be particularly soft. Instead I found this Chap's shirt at Herberger's (part of Bonton).  It is extremely baby blanket soft and the floral cuff and collar lining doesn't make me feel like I should be out chopping trees.  Originally  $60.00, I paid $34.00 and I see it is $30.00 today.  

1122599.jpg

They also have this buffalo check, but I'm not sure I like the zip opening. 

1122610.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I buy all of my clothes from QVC, I am not only plus size but short and to find clothing locally that accommodates my body type is nearly impossible!  

I tend to stick with Denim & Company, Susan Graver, Quacker Factory, and tops from Logo, I know what size I wear and unless there was an obvious flaw (like a hole) never have I had to return clothing.

I do agree pricing has gone up but where has it not, for me consistent sizing is worth it.  And in the first 3 brands, I have clothing from each of them that I have had since their debut still wearing them today, I do not mind paying extra when I know the items will have a home in my closet for years to come!

They do not call me the Easy Pay Queen for nothing 😁!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Lipstickdiva @PamfromCT

speaking of plaid....

Plaid lace peplum top

Too cute!! But expensive at 89.00

(I really want it)

I discovered it perusing the 'catalogs' that @StylishLady posted (Boston Proper)

Thanks @StylishLady !!

@Andreatoo,

That top is super cute! Too expensive for me though. If I had the money I wouldn't hesitate.Woman Happy