Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  I've also heard of it as referred to as a "Texas tuxedo" Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Riiiiight, @haddon9  I've heard that, too!  You just reminded me.  Thanks!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I've just never been a fan of denim jackets. But to me denim jackets went out with mom jeans years ago. JMO Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Yes, I do.    I have several jackets, some are embellished.

I only wear them with jeans.  

Respected Contributor

I have a medium blue denim jacket and pants I wear together.  Sometimes I like matchy-matchy in lots of things.

Honored Contributor

@redwingsgalwrote:

I will wear denim with denim if the washes or colors are different.  Otherwise it reminds me of the 80s !!  

Me too.  I don't want the "matchy match" look in denim.  It reminds me of "little old lady".  Wear that old jacket proudly @Shanus.  Its probably just getting broken in.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: DENIM WITH DENIM

[ Edited ]

@ID2wrote:

I've just never been a fan of denim jackets. But to me denim jackets went out with mom jeans years ago. JMO Woman Happy

Yikes.  Hate to say this but Mom jeans are back as are denim jackets being worn with denim.  I will not wear them because at my age. I would be the laughing stock but I have seen it in fashion blogs, vendor sites.

Super Contributor

@ID2wrote:

Especially with the embellished ones.

Trusted Contributor

Someone posted this awhile back, How to Wear Double Denim. 

https://thejeansblog.com/jeans-advice/how-to-wear-double-denim/

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have 3 denim jackets. One is pink with pretty embroidery across the yolk - can wear it with anything. It was from Blaine Trump collection on QVC years ago. Then I have a very very old , raggedey looking one from QVC's Delta Burke collecrtion. It is tunic length, faded almost to white. I wore it at camp for years & years and it shows. However, it still has some life in it.The one I still wear frequently is a Liz Clairborne , very dark denim and because it is so dark it looks nice with other , lighter denims.

Here in Florida a denim jacket is like a winter coat.I really wear mine a lot.