Esteemed Contributor

DC2 jeans: classic stretch vs super stretch?

can someone advise about the difference in the fit between the super stretch and the classic stretch? the only DG2 jeans I have are the super stretch and I wear 2 sizes smaller than my "normal" size.

does the classic stretch have less stretch? if you have them, do you still size down, or do you wear your regular size?

I hate having to return or exchange things and would love to get it right the first time. I read dozens of reviews and don't see any comments on this issue.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Re: DC2 jeans: classic stretch vs super stretch?

I have both (many of her jeans), and I'd say the super stretch actually is larger than the regular jeans.  Fact is, I will no longer order her jeans because I can't get a pair small enough to fit me.  I'm thin, normally wear a 2 or a 4 (a 5 in juniors).  Lately she's been making her jeans bigger and bigger.  When I see her on stage bragging about how she's wearing a size 2, I know for sure there will be nothing for me to buy.  The other problem with her jeans is that I have long legs for my height, so I usually order a 2Tall.  Unfortunately, she adds and inch or so to the rise on the tall sizes, which gives me even more bag in the but.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde, I am in the exact same DG2 boat as you. I used to buy her 2T and "peg" them to make them fit like a 2T should. She should make a 00 to fit us, lol. I can't stand the long rise in the Talls she offers, ugh.

@MariotaMurielle, I agree that the classic stretch runs a tad smaller, but you still need to size down. I would order the size you order from the Q, or down a size if you like them really fitted.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

The only DG jeans I can wear are the superstretch and they have to be jeggings or the type that pull on.  I cannot do anything with a set-in waist because the waist ends up huge while the rest of the jean fits.

Funny thing is, I'm a pear shape and I cannot size down in her superstretch jeggings.  I buy my normal size and they fit perfect.

Diane always looks like a stuffed sausage in any of her bottoms.  Even the most recent ponte pants TSV looked bad on her.  

Honored Contributor

I have the bermudas in super stretch and they don't hold their shape! Add to that that they're white and it looks bad!

I personally think 2% spandex is plenty and then you still have some semblance of structure in your pants, jeans, or otherwise.

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@2blonde, I am in the exact same DG2 boat as you. I used to buy her 2T and "peg" them to make them fit like a 2T should. She should make a 00 to fit us, lol. I can't stand the long rise in the Talls she offers, ugh.

@MariotaMurielle, I agree that the classic stretch runs a tad smaller, but you still need to size down. I would order the size you order from the Q, or down a size if you like them really fitted.

@MaggieMack  It's so great to hear there's someone else with the exact same issues I have with DG2!  FYI, I have purchased some Women with Control items at QVC in the XXS Tall, and they fit me great! 

I never thought I'd be an XXS in anything, though.  I guess we are the exception to the new "supersized" society!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

The only DG jeans I can wear are the superstretch and they have to be jeggings or the type that pull on.  I cannot do anything with a set-in waist because the waist ends up huge while the rest of the jean fits.

Funny thing is, I'm a pear shape and I cannot size down in her superstretch jeggings.  I buy my normal size and they fit perfect.

Diane always looks like a stuffed sausage in any of her bottoms.  Even the most recent ponte pants TSV looked bad on her.  

@Lipstickdiva

we must be pretty darn similar in body type......i can only wear her jeggings or pull-ons  and i have to stay with my regular hsn size. she doesnt really cut necessarily for a pear shaped figure. now my mom who has a completely different body type loves her regular jeans and pants. she has no hips, no behind, but carries her weight moreso in her waist.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein