Honored Contributor

The blouse that Carolyn is wearing ... you can see the wrong side of the fabric inside the wide sleeves!  Anyone sitting or standing across from her can see everytime she moves.

Looks terrible!  

Honored Contributor

Re: DB has the same issue as SG

@ALRATIBA  doesn't truly bother me as much as the sleeve detail itself.  I just don't like anybody's floppy sleeves.  I think I have 2 tops with those sleeves and I'm not letting any designer sell me more.

I have seen other poster who also don't like that, but I've seen the same thing in the stores where I shop for 99.9% of my clothing.  Even when tops cost 2 and 3 times these prices!

PS -  the few items I have from QVC are pretty much all Dennis or Susan.  Too many of the other designers I've tried have no idea how to fit my body.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ALRATIBA  doesn't truly bother me as much as the sleeve detail itself.  I just don't like anybody's floppy sleeves.  I think I have 2 tops with those sleeves and I'm not letting any designer sell me more.

I have seen other poster who also don't like that, but I've seen the same thing in the stores where I shop for 99.9% of my clothing.  Even when tops cost 2 and 3 times these prices!

PS -  the few items I have from QVC are pretty much all Dennis or Susan.  Too many of the other designers I've tried have no idea how to fit my body.

@millieshops 

That really, really, really bothers me.  I can't understand how a "professional" can make somethng like that with THAT fabric!  Even I, a complete amateur, knows better than that.  I took sewing lessons in the 1950s ... even then we knew better!

:What would it take to face the ruffle in the same or coordinating fabric  

Respected Contributor

Doesn’t bother me.

Honored Contributor

@Hippiified wrote:

Doesn’t bother me.

@Hippiified 

The person wearing it - it's a non-issue.  You don't see it.

Anybody sitting facing you would see up your sleeve at the wrong side of the fabric.  Definitely not "table top dressing" ....! 

Respected Contributor

And here I thought this topic was about the behavior of the sales people while presenting items LOL!  I can't watch him at all...so I have no idea what top is being discussed....

Frequent Contributor

I REALLY have to say something about Susan Graver with Carolyn this morning.  When I turned it on, I thought oh no how will Carolyn handle her.  Seems like Susan calmed down a bit.  When Carolyn talked Susan did not butt right in and take over the conversation. She actually listened to Carolyn!!!  YEAH SUSAN....GOOD GIRL..  Actually pleasent to listen to her this morning.  :-) She did have some beautiful items...Her prices however are way over the top...

Honored Contributor

This doesn't bother me in the least.  And I'm not talking about on me where I wouldn't see it.  I'm talking about on other people.  It's just a non-issue for me.  I don't care when people wear a hi-low hem dress and you can see the "wrong side" of the fabric.  Don't mind it on sleeves.

Now, when prints don't line up properly from back to front, shoulder areas, down the front, I could lose my mind.  

Odd why that bothers me to distraction but this fabric issue doesn't.  

Honored Contributor

Almost all wide sleeve anything is not lined.  If you lined thin polyester fabric, the  bottom of the sleeve would be too heavy and you would not be able to push them up.  It's not really practical.

Unlined sleeves are not a deal breaker, but printed fabrics that are not matched at the seams are horrible. The same with pockets on a shirt where the pattern does not line up.

Good, well made clothing is difficult to find, at any price, anymore. I have seen some designer clothing in B&M stores with unmatched fabric.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBAIn the 50's and 60's when my mother or I made lots of my clothes, I don't remember ever sewing on anything but cotton.  Near the end of my sewing "career," I did have a few wonderful pieces of polyester, but I couldn't even tell you what the backings were.  Although it wouldn't have  mattered -   I never sewed anything with floppy sleeves or deliberately uneven hems.