Honored Contributor

Dennis Basso Jean Jacket with Removable Faux Fur Vest - A458942

I wasn't able to watch much of AM Style this morning, but I did catch part of DB's presentation for A458942 - ... and it's the craziest thing.

The other day while going through my patterns, I came across a couple of old patterns that I've had for years ... for knit and crochet "vests" designed to be worn over jackets.  I guess it was back in the 90s that the vest-over-jacket was a "look."  

Finding the patterns gave me an idea to make some vests to wear over my jean jackets and my one remaining leather jacket.   I was going through my yarn stash yesterday to see what I had on hand and came across a bunch of faux fur yarn in several colors. 

Some more stuff on my to-do list for Fall and Winter!

Valued Contributor

Re: DB Jacket / Fur Vest Combo

ALRATIBA, you are so creative and energetic! I  love your plan for over-jean jacket vest. 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA    Dennis must be running out of design inspiration.  I bought the fur vest jacket combo about 15 years ago and returned it.  It's hardly new. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ALRATIBA    Dennis must be running out of design inspiration.  I bought the fur vest jacket combo about 15 years ago and returned it.  It's hardly new. 

@Kachina624 He mentioned this in the presentation.  Or maybe it was the Szish List show.  He mentioned all the celebrities that wear it.

I think it is a really nice style that I would be happy to wear.  Fur lining is always in style, and it is like a fur lined look.

@ALRATIBA Vests and chunky knits are big trends this season!  

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe   It added a huge amount of bulk to the body.  I looked 2 sizes larger.  Couldn't send it back fast enough.  Nobody I know wants that look. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 I am sorry the DB jacket didn't work for you.  I have bought DB faux fur reversible coats that I wear on the fabric side, fur inside, and I just love them.  After a few years of wear, I bought a puffer jacket because my eyes craved something new and they have been trending.  Keeping the faux fur coats because I still love them and will probably want to wear them again.

Puffer is bulkier than faux fur!  Good for cold weather!  Extremely popular for the last few years.  It depends on your needs, I guess.

Esteemed Contributor

Bought a nice Chicos version last year on Ebay; it was a deal and I love it!