Frequent Contributor

I have many pair of the Beach pants ( hate the name as they're too heavy for the beach) and love them.  The new style with side leg slits are not an improvement imo.  Please offer the ones with no slit.  

Honored Contributor

@Cherylou I don't care about the name of any item or even the name of the color.  I don't think I have ever once repeated either once I had the item in my closet.

I live near Atlantic beaches -  you would be so overdressed with that type of pant at any beach I have ever walked on.  Way too much fabric to drag near the sand.  Somehow I doubt many of them ever see the ocean.

Honored Contributor

I use my one pair of "beach" pants to lounge around the apartment.  So comfortable.  They will never see a beach, LOL!!!

Agree that there is too much fabric to make them practical for a sandy beach.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

True - last time i was near the ocean was in 2012 in FL - and I only saw it from the condo terrace!  

---------------------------------------------------

@millieshops wrote:

@Cherylou I don't care about the name of any item or even the name of the color.  I don't think I have ever once repeated either once I had the item in my closet.

I live near Atlantic beaches -  you would be so overdressed with that type of pant at any beach I have ever walked on.  Way too much fabric to drag near the sand.  Somehow I doubt many of them ever see the ocean.

Esteemed Contributor

These beach pants would be fine on the west coast ... especially Oregon Coast beaches for all but a few days in summer. It's not typically very hot most days, even in summer. Sunny, but rarely above 80.

When I buy these sorts of pants I buy the petite length so that I can wear w/ flip flop sandals. But I do agree, just like most yoga pants don't see much yoga, beach pants probably don't see many beaches. Smiley Happy

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I bought a pair in black.  I thought they would be comfortable to lounge around the house in.

They picked up link and pet hair so bad and wouldn't release it easily.  No more for me.

If they are not made from 100% cotton, no thanks.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I love mine.

Honored Contributor

I have 2 pairs of these. They're so comfortable! I wear them at the beach, usually when we go out to dinner.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

These are just called beach pants, it doesn't mean you have to wear them to the beach.  I don't even live near a beach and I wear these to lunch, dinner and errands.  I wouldn't get caught up in the name.

Super Contributor

I bought one pair this year. Not all the patterns are attractive to me. I have some from years past too. I love them. I dislike the slit though. They are too long on me for the slit.