Honored Contributor

Re: D & Co Antique Gray. Is this a true medium gray?

@x Hedge wrote:

Wondered about studio lighting too, @Mindy D .

Checked video and still pic color's appearance on both my tablets, on both QVC website and the app. 

All look warm.

I think you are correct about the Antique Gray being warm toned. This might clash with my other gray clothing and with all my cool toned tops and pants. Thank you for your help. You have a good eye.

Esteemed Contributor

You're most welcome @Mindy D .

Honored Contributor

I used to say I wouldn't be caught dead in grey.  Then I bought an elephant Dooney and of course I had to get something to match it.  So then came grey shoes and finally a charcoal winter jacket.  I have yet to get into a grey top or pants.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All the gray or gray/tan shades are neutrals and look terrific with bright tops.  Maybe your color is a taupe which I think is prettier with brights than plain gray.  Grays, black, taupes go with everything.  You're making this unnecessarily complicated.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I like the color gray but I don't like heathering; it's difficult to find a saturated gray. This looks like a light gray to me.
Isaac has a beautiful new gray shade called pewter but I can't find an example of it now

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

All the gray or gray/tan shades are neutrals and look terrific with bright tops.  Maybe your color is a taupe which I think is prettier with brights than plain gray.  Grays, black, taupes go with everything.  You're making this unnecessarily complicated.

I have always worn grays. I have a ton of gray clothing, shoes and purses.i loveight, medium, charcoal grays and I live heatherinf.  I wear a lot of brights with my gray pants. The only shade of gray I did not care for was in a silk- like  top and pants from Louis D. It had a greenish undertone nd wasn’t flattering with my skin tone.  I ordered the jacket and I’m just going to wait and see. Wise words from you. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Mindy D ,

Paradoxically, Gary's "Fall Grey"(A379608) isn't an Autumn color.

It is a cool Summer shade, and I'd buy that hard to find color in a heartbeat.

@x Hedge 

Love that shade.  Thanks