Respected Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Yikes...this mornings show.....more BIG cabbage flower tops! Enough! Will someone please tell Gary to stop with the Aunt Bea giant floral prints. D&C use to offer wonderful items I loved like the hoodie/tank sets and regular clothing without all the fad fashion additions of sharkbite,high low, bell sleeve,etc.....oh and the GIANT flower prints.

There was one big cabbage flower tunic (I think this is the one that everyone here dislikes, and it has been on fairly frequently) and another larger floral cardigan, a more subtle floral tee, a striped top, a top with a more geometric print, and several solid items. There were long sleeved items, three-quarter sleeved items, elbow sleeved items, jogger pants, cropped pants, jeans, and even a maxi dress. Seems like a pretty good variety to me. And if none of that appeals, there is even more variety online.

I like to shop at certain retailers or from certain catalogs, but I only like a fraction of what is offered and wouldn't expect that I would love every item. I always use the example of Talbots. There are several ladies on here who like to shop there, including me. But I would bet anything that our closets look totally different -- I see the items they purchase, and they're not at all the items I purchase. But, somehow, we all find things we enjoy from Talbots. It is always a case of picking and choosing what we like, and if there's nothing, finding another source which better suits our needs/taste.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

If I wear a floral, it's a larger floral print.  I don't like ALL floral prints but I know I like larger over smaller florals.

I hate ditzy florals.  To me there is something fuddy duddy looking about them.

I look perfectly fine in larger florals.  There is a lot to choose from.  I still don't understand telling people what they should and shouldn't wear.  If you don't like D&C, there are other lines as well.

Florals are everywhere. 

I am not a huge floral person, but I prefer larger floral patterns over teeny tiny ones. I'm not sure why people expect every item presented to suit their taste. Most of us see something we don't like and move on. We don't think it needs to be wiped from existence.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Trusted Contributor

Jennifer Coffey was on with Gary and presented a top that was not floral and had a material belt tie in the front.  I wanted to purchase but my size went so quickly that I didn't get a change to.  It was very pretty and stylish and I am hoping that they make more.  I have purchased an a-line print top and I like it very much and get compliments but I am the type that has to try my clothes on as one time it will look good and the next time it won't fit as good which is why I am reluctant to buy clothes this way instead of going into the mall.  But if that top comes back in, I will want to get it.

Respected Contributor

Personally, I like Susan Graver and Denim & Co and Issac Mizrahi.  I like bold floral prints and I like no prints.  I do agree that Susan is making her tops too big and overwhelming and the sleeves too long when they are a type that can't be pushed up but there are those who like that style.  I have been buying less Graver not because I don't like the prints and style, but because she is making them a bit too long and full.  They have been many lately that I would have  purchased if they were not 30" long.  I like long dusters, but 30 is too long in a top for me.

Trusted Contributor
They offer these things because they sell. Obviously many are buying.
Trusted Contributor
I did see that Bslenciaga, Chanel, Gucci, Prada, Carolina Herrera etc. are all showing flashy large florals for spring/summer 2019.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:
I did see that Bslenciaga, Chanel, Gucci, Prada, Carolina Herrera etc. are all showing flashy large florals for spring/summer 2019.

But I'll take a guess that they aren't as hideous as some of the D&C ones which sometimes look to me like a 100 year old grandma's curtains. I've seen D&C pieces that I do like and would order except that I've experienced size inconsistencies when ordering a second pair of jeansor other pants in the exact size and style I already have, that's happened more than once, and in tops petites are few and far between. But the size inconsistency is the real deal killer for me.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus you are so right!  I have never seen more hideous floral prints in all my life.  Less is more people.  Just give me a simple tee shirt, no over the top floral prints, and please dear Lord NO SPANDEX. 

New Contributor

I agree!  They don't look good on anyone, even the thinner models.

Honored Contributor

I have many D&C prints, mostly geometrics or abstracts, that are beautiful.  I'm a lover of prints and sort of collect those that i like.  However, this winter's huge florals, the big cabbage roses especially, i absolutely wouldn't buy or wear if they sent them free.  

After Carolyn did the show with Gary yesterday, she did 2 hrs of gardening wearing one of the tops with big roses.  The whole time I wanted to send her to the locker room to change clothes. 

They are going to have trouble getting rid of the winter collection of floral prints.  Gary usually does well with the prints he uses but this year he missed the mark.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment