Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I 100% agree...............i did  just purchase a plain V Neck top this weekend.....but those huge florals remind me of SG's huge florals......and i like Gary as a person....BUT i cringe when i hear him say "every woman looks good in fit and flare"....i have purchased two of D&C fit and flare...and with an apple shape...it DOESN'T look good...it emphazies the midriff bulge if anything......too much...

Also don't know these days if SG has presented any new items WITHOUT huge prints, bell sleeves, zips on shirts, pants in weird spots, etc...............normally i really like her stuff and have ordered a bunch.....too trendy and too long on everything....even SG's tops on SG are usually way too long for her (bell sleeves included)..........................

I know fashions are trendy and not for everyone...and yes...i turn the channel and yes i do a bulk of my shopping at other online sites at this point.....

@kelsey17  I agree. I always purchase tailored, traditional clothing...no fads or trends. If I shop at stores where I may pay more for that, it serves me well in the future since I keep those clothes for many years. 

Honored Contributor

Recently ordered SG (A306508) black and berry choice..beautiful tops!!

Yesterday wore the berry to party received several compliments. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

It seems Gary has provincial taste; big florals, paisley, etc. I used to love Denim & Co. years ago. Now it feels like Sports Savvy, but at a high price. Women want cotton, not rubbery polyester blends. I'm leaning towards Issac and Linea now....no more Susan Graver nor Denim & Co. 

Honored Contributor

If I wear a floral, it's a larger floral print.  I don't like ALL floral prints but I know I like larger over smaller florals.

I hate ditzy florals.  To me there is something fuddy duddy looking about them.

I look perfectly fine in larger florals.  There is a lot to choose from.  I still don't understand telling people what they should and shouldn't wear.  If you don't like D&C, there are other lines as well.

Florals are everywhere. 

Esteemed Contributor

The posters are not saying what others should and should not wear. They're speaking on what they particularly don't like. We know we don't have to watch - and sometimes we don't!

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

The posters are not saying what others should and should not wear. They're speaking on what they particularly don't like. We know we don't have to watch - and sometimes we don't!

Telling Gary what he shouldn't be doing and stating that the large florals are overwhelming and smaller florals would look better on most people, that is sort of like telling people what they should be wearing. 

I don't generally buy D&C because it's not my taste.  But it seems like a popular line so someone is buying it.  There are plenty of tops available that aren't large florals or any print for that matter.   

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Maybe Gary’s “copying” the look of large florals from SG or LOGO.

...which are just as hideous.

Respected Contributor

Yikes...this mornings show.....more BIG cabbage flower tops! Enough! Will someone please tell Gary to stop with the Aunt Bea giant floral prints. D&C use to offer wonderful items I loved like the hoodie/tank sets and regular clothing without all the fad fashion additions of sharkbite,high low, bell sleeve,etc.....oh and the GIANT flower prints.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

D & C  line isn't my taste starting with fabric, as well large loud prints. Someone is buying, Qvc more than surely wouldn't continue offering unsellable items. 

@Sweet_SerenitySome may be purchasing, but way too many items go on clearance for it to be a top selling house brand. It definitely needs another designer and a jolt of new life.

I don't think so. Many are purchasing, and items go to clearance for a number of reasons. D&Co has always had a certain style aesthetic -- it serves a particular group of customers. Truthfully, my perception of it hasn't changed much over the years. Yes, I know the styles have moved forward a bit, but it's always been positioned very similarly. Years ago -- lots embroidery, jumpers, pull-on items, a particular color palette, more conservative cuts, etc. If anything, it's been updated quite a bit, to me, but always incorporating trendier details in the "D&Co way." It's never going to move much from the basic idea behind it, because it provides what a certain (fairly large) segment of the viewing public wants.

Honored Contributor

Whether you like them or not, big florals are a big trend for Spring/Summer 2019.

All some of them need is some modern styling, not just thrown onto a t-shirt and worn with pull on pants.