Honored Contributor

Gary, please forget those huge floral print tops. They’re overpowering. A smaller floral or geometric print would be so much more flattering on most.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: D & CO. ON FASHION DAY

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Gary, please forget those huge floral print tops. They’re overpowering. A smaller floral or geometric print would be so much more flattering on most.

@Shanus  Doesn't he supposedly make trips to Europe to seek out the lastest fashion trends for inspiration? I wonder what in God's name country he sees those hideous prints that inspire him so much.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus  Doesn't he supposedly make trips to Europe to seek out the lastest fashion trends for inspiration? I wonder what in God's name country he sees those hideous prints that inspire him so much.

@shaggygirl  Lol. It’s definitely not one of the fashion capitals of Europe! 

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I always wondered if the travel is really about finding inexpensive fabrics.  And they can still say they traveled to Europe.  I don't think you need to go to Europe for the design of simple shirts and pants.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus@Tadaki@shaggygirl

I SO AGREE with you!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I always wondered if the travel is really about finding inexpensive fabrics.  And they can still say they traveled to Europe.  I don't think you need to go to Europe for the design of simple shirts and pants.  

@Tadaki Has anyone ever actually seen him board the plane?

Honored Contributor

Maybe Gary’s “copying” the look of large florals from SG or LOGO.

Honored Contributor

D & C  line isn't my taste starting with fabric, as well large loud prints. Someone is buying, Qvc more than surely wouldn't continue offering unsellable items. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

D & C  line isn't my taste starting with fabric, as well large loud prints. Someone is buying, Qvc more than surely wouldn't continue offering unsellable items. 

@Sweet_SerenitySome may be purchasing, but way too many items go on clearance for it to be a top selling house brand. It definitely needs another designer and a jolt of new life.

Esteemed Contributor

I 100% agree...............i did  just purchase a plain V Neck top this weekend.....but those huge florals remind me of SG's huge florals......and i like Gary as a person....BUT i cringe when i hear him say "every woman looks good in fit and flare"....i have purchased two of D&C fit and flare...and with an apple shape...it DOESN'T look good...it emphazies the midriff bulge if anything......too much...

Also don't know these days if SG has presented any new items WITHOUT huge prints, bell sleeves, zips on shirts, pants in weird spots, etc...............normally i really like her stuff and have ordered a bunch.....too trendy and too long on everything....even SG's tops on SG are usually way too long for her (bell sleeves included)..........................

I know fashions are trendy and not for everyone...and yes...i turn the channel and yes i do a bulk of my shopping at other online sites at this point.....