Honored Contributor

Re: D&C prices are not a bargain any more

Check out Gap.com...they have some FANTASTIC sales going on now on basic T-shirts, sweaters, etc.

I got great T shirts for my FLA vacation for just $7 - new styles too...and wool blend tunic sweaters for $15.

Free shipping if you spend over $50 too.

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I like some of Denim and Company not all. For instance I have three of the faux suede vests with the faux suede lining. and two of the faux suede winter coats. They have held up very well ..washed up nicely, kept their colors and I have gotten more compliments on these items then I can count. Definitely for me not expensive and worth the money!

Contributor

I do like their stretch pants with the side pockets and the capri version also. They seem to be the only pants that fit me well. Having said that, I agree about the prices and quailty of other items. I could (and have) found comparable at Walmart for a LOT less.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/3/2013 kachina624 said: I disagree. I cannot shop in stores and buy a lot of D&C, most of my extensive wardrobe actually. With a couple of small exceptions, I've found it to be excellent quality. I wear tops year after year until I'm sick of them and finally donate in good condition so I can get new. I find the sizing to be more consistent than any of the brands I bought in B&M stores. I'm so sure of the sizing, I don't even try my purchases on until I'm ready to wear them. Almost never send anything back. It's popular on these boards to complain about D&C, usually at least once a week I see something, but I don't find most to be valid at all based on my experience.

I agree. I was never able to find jeans that fit me right until I discovered Denim & Co. From there, it went to other items. They wear forever as I take great care of them. I've purchased items in the store at lower prices and many of them were seasonal or less wear with pilling, shrinking, etc. The only local fashion shopping is at the Dollar Store. I either shop online or travel 3 hours round trip to shop. Even the Dollar Store items have gone up drastically in price. Why not other lines?

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Contributor

Agreed! I can purchase Talbots, Lands End etc for a lower cost. No longer shop D&C or quite frankly very few fashions at QVC anymore. I find myself still watching and hoping that a good deal will reveal itself regarding clothing, but it hadn't happened in quite sometime......cost too high, shipping too high.....still don't understand how they charge SEPARATE shipping on each item.....but we seem to be "talking" to a brick wall regarding this issue.
Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 kivah said:

That's why I now buy Croft & Barrow (and Sonoma) at kohls.com --- free shipping and many choices.

I like Kohl's and Macy's. Prices better than Q and free shipping. I can also return to both stores easily and not have to pay postage.

Regular Contributor

I have been shopping with QVC for many years. It's mind boggling how much money I have spent at QVC over the years. Denim & Co was the brand I always used to go to for casual wear. Now, QVC is losing more and more of my money to LL Bean. I used to really look forward to the fashion days, but now there aren't many new things and I can find the basics at LL Bean for less with ZERO shipping fees. On top of that, I usually receive my shipments from LL Bean faster and their website is so much better.

QVC is the leader (in sales anyway) for the home shopping channels. They have such a HUGE advantage over the brick and mortar and online stores. They are able to demonstrate and really show off their products live. This is what drew me to QVC in the first place. I loved the detailed explanation of things and being able to see how something works or how it looks on someone before I buy it. I can appreciate the costs for running a home shopping channel compared to online stores but like it or not QVC is competing with them. People are no longer intimidated about buying clothes or other products online and companies like Amazon and LLbean (my 2 favorites) are really cutting into their profits. If QVC is smart, they will really start listening to customers recommendations about shipping costs and especially about TV programming. The on-air shows is QVC edge and if they take what some of their customers are requesting to heart, they can remain competitive. Otherwise, we will buy more and more from the competition.

Esteemed Contributor

I have many D&C tops, in several colors, for casual wear. They carry over from season to season and I'm impressed with the quality. But I used to purchase them for low to mid $20s. Since the prices went up, I just don't buy as much. And I understand the price of cotton has gone up. Recently, I was in the South and slipped into a Belks store. I found active tops in French terry, similar to Sports Savvy (sp?) that I used to enjoy. What a treat. I like the lightweight hooded zip jackets with pockets and straight hems. Sale prices were terrific. Bought 3 colors. I'll still check out D&C, but because of price increase I'll also explore options.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

I "used" to buy lots of casual, kick-around clothes from D&C. They then had quality, value and convenience. I understand the supply and demand concept, but the quality and value have almost diminished. What remains is convenience. I've had clothes shrinking; I can't count on sizing anymore and that involves returns. I still like to watch & listen to D&Co. on the Q, but I'm buying much less. It's not like "designer" apparel that I can't live without.

Contributor

http://commoncore.scholastic.com/sites/default/files/JS-090213-ClothingCosts-NEW.pdf The real price of fashion depends largely on the the market in which it is manufactured. My reply to this topic is not to pick a fight with anyone.