Honored Contributor

Is that the same fabric that is used to make barefoot dreams cardigans.?I am sure that many years ago I purchased chenille sweaters but in those days they fell apart in the wash or shrunk ...can’t remember which?

Super Contributor

No. Barefoot Dreams is a completely different fabric.

Honored Contributor

@mistyada@What is different...can you describe?

Regular Contributor

I received my D & C chenille sweater that was a TSV.  The fabric is not like their previous chenille.  It is 100& polyester.  It is very soft and does not shed.  I haven't washed it yet, but I'm sure when washed on gentle and laid flat to dry, it will be fine.  I think the sweater is a great wardrobe extender and very pretty.  I expect to get a lot of use out of it. 

Honored Contributor

@dex  The threads or 'fabric' used for barefoot dreams items is kind of odd ini my opinion. In many years past I've had a couple of sweaters made out of this same fabric which I'd describe more as an elastisized stretchy fuzzy soft thread knitted into sweaters, scarves, gloves, socks. I have a few pr of gloves and scarves made out of this stuff.

Like I said it's odd. I don't understand the pricing of barefoot dreams items, just because it's from sunny California, they think they'd cornered the market on this 'fabric' but I beg to differ.

Super Contributor

Re: D&C chenille

[ Edited ]

@dex Barefoot dreams has two fabrics. Cozychic is thick and reminds me of Foozy Bear from Sesame Street. It has tufts like some stuffed animals. It is a more casual fabric. Cozychic lite is a soft, thinner fabric that is usually flat. I think BD has a trademark on their fabrics. The chenille I see have texture. Some are ribbed or a thicker rib. It has a more velvet like feel. In deeper colors, it has a different shades in the light. Some chenille is high end. I believe Coco Chanel used to use a chenille. Of course, D and C is not that quality. Landsend and Nordstroms have some chenille sweaters. 

Honored Contributor

@mistyada@Thanks for a great description...still not sure what I want.I just think barefoot dreams can’t be that much softer and cozier than chenille to charge the prices they do.I think the garments are very simple styles that are very nice but not noteworthy.I am sure I have seen someone wearing one somewhere but just didn’t recognize it.

Respected Contributor

The fabric used in BD sweaters is far superior to any d and c chenille, IMO. Bd is a luxury fabric..very soft and warm . I have sweaters that are a few seasons old and they look as good as new.

i also have the lates d and c tsv in chenille, which is very nice, but I much prefer Barefoot Dreams.