Honored Contributor

Re: D&C Leather Jean Jacket TSV

One of the reviews complained that the print clashed with the pink jacket .... why they would put a blue and yellow print lining with a pink jacket is just beyond me!   What were they thinking?    

I hate print linings, and since the cuffs would be folded back and show, I won't even consider it.

Super Contributor

the reviews are gone.  

Carolyn keeps saying people came to feel her Jacket yesterday and asked if was faux leather.  That seems very odd to keep repeating.  I'll just buy faux if no one can tell this is actually leather. 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

One of the reviews complained that the print clashed with the pink jacket .... why they would put a blue and yellow print lining with a pink jacket is just beyond me!   What were they thinking?    

I hate print linings, and since the cuffs would be folded back and show, I won't even consider it.

Huh? The lining has all of the pastels in it, including pink. I do understand that some would rather not have a print (yes -- it's limiting when the cuffs are turned up), but the print that is there does go with the colors of the jacket.

Esteemed Contributor

I like this jacket...all of the colors...unfortunately its not in my budget at this time....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I looove jean jackets with princess seaming, I love pastels, I love the pop of a colorful print lining, and I love soft leather.  This is ticking all the boxes for me.  Well, except for the price.  Ugh!  Too expensive for me.   I won't be buying.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

It's a very pretty jacket and I love the pastel colors but the price point is ridiculous. I could find the same jacket elsewhere for a lot less, so I will pass.

Trusted Contributor

Count me among those that like it. Since I live near the Studio Store,I took a ride out to see the jacket in person. I ended up buying the grey. The jacket fit like it was tailored just for me. I am long waisted, so I liked the longer length. I thought about white, but The white is not an optic white, but rather a subtle white/ivory. Btw, I bought my regular size M.
Honored Contributor

I like it better than I thought I would.  The petite model looked darling in the pink., but since she didn't turn around, the jacket may have been clipped in the back.

I turn my cuffs up and do not care for the print lining.

Carolyn's jacket and blouse are not a good fit.

Respected Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

I like it better than I thought I would.  The petite model looked darling in the pink., but since she didn't turn around, the jacket may have been clipped in the back.

I turn my cuffs up and do not care for the print lining.

Carolyn's jacket and blouse are not a good fit.

The petite model (Meredith) is in grey in the video that's currently available for the TSV, and she does turn around -- nothing clipped! The main problem I see with the fit (in general) is that the sleeves look very long.

Contributor

Has absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever!  First, if I want a jean jacket, I want it in denim ........ second, it doesn't even look like leather (maybe because I don't think pastel colors in leather are attractive)!  Oh, and third, I won't buy anything that an animal has to be sacrificed for!