Esteemed Contributor

Its been 10 days in processing.......ordered right away when  stock was plentiful ....now it says Advanced Order ...................happens too many times.....

Honored Contributor

Re: D & C Jeggings

[ Edited ]

As far as QVC flipping "in-stock" to "advanced" orders right after ordering, the next day, or days later, I cancel the order.  It's not honest selling when a retailer doesn't inform customers the product is not in-stock.  

Rather than accept advanced and backorders as this is the way things are, ask why.  We are given reasons why elsewhere, but we must ask why do we have reasons.

As usual, China’s mostly the problem here including other South Asian countries — and that’s because the U.S. has become too dependent on cheap manufacturing.  

Retailers and manufacturer's they use are the drivers.  But, ultimately it's consumers who insist on low prices. There are a variety reasons why they do...low income, can buy more, can buy more than they need because it's fun, are three.   

How's "cheap" working out for us with huge increases in shipping and ground delivery costs?  That's not the only reason for increased prices.  Fasten your seat belts.  

On top of everything else occurring, China closed it's very large important busy Ningbo-Zhoushan Port over one case of the virus. ONE.  

The port, the worlds’ third-busiest, is also disrupting operations at other Chinese ports, putting further stress on supply lines that were already under pressure from additional troubles at the Yantian port. 

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee   @kelsey17    Since the OP didn't include an item #, we have no way of knowing which pants she ordered, but if it's the TSV, they were manufactured in Bangladesh.  Most D&C clothing is being made outside of China now. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It is what it is.  By now, we should all know what the challenges are.  

Honored Contributor

Re: D & C Jeggings

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee   @kelsey17    Since the OP didn't include an item #, we have no way of knowing which pants she ordered, but if it's the TSV, they were manufactured in Bangladesh.  Most D&C clothing is being made outside of China now. 

@Kachina624 

Lol.  How did I know I'd hear from you?  

I wasn't specifically speaking about Denim & Company, or any brand at QVC.  I was referring to all retailers and manufacturers who use China.  I should have listed other Asian countries, as well. 

You mention Bangladesh. I haven't seen that country recently from QVC, but I have India, Indonesia, and still China from Denim & Co, but all are Asian countries used for their low cost manufacturing.

China remains the main supplier of our products according to manufacturing and retailing industry experts keeping tabs on this subject.  

All non-clothing items I have ordered so far from any retailer have been made in China. The Valerie items I purchased were made in China, for example.  

I should have included "other Asian countries", so I made the correction.  "As usual, China’s mostly the problem along with other Asian countries"