Esteemed Contributor

Or perhaps TPTB know a solid should be the most popular, so they want it front and center.

Respected Contributor

No one looks good in everything sold. I think the hosts layer to hide what they are wearing and would never wear in public. The dress Jayne was wearing looked too small on her, and the style did not flatter her. She looked much better in the shorts she wore yesterday. 

Trusted Contributor

@kelsey17 In all honesty, I didn't notice. It's hard to say why a host covers up but it could be the temperature in the studio, uncomfortable showing arms, wants to show more than one item to help increase their sales? Hard to know.

What I do know is a host does not want to wear a color that is close to selling out. They will try to wear the combination that has the most availability. Of course, it changes as the hour goes by and they may end up wearing an item that sold out. You'll often hear a host say something like, "I should have picked a different color, this is selling out", or "I need to change to a different color, this is limited", etc. 

As for wearing solids and not prints, I am not finding that the case in the shows I am watching. Many of the solids show lumps and bumps and I find the hosts choosing the prints.

Honored Contributor

"I should have picked a different color, this is selling out", or "I need to change to a different color, this is limited", etc."

That is a sales tactic if you DO NOT see "red, green, yellow" size colors scrolling at the bottom of your screen letting you know what's limited or not.

And then you have the "talking into the earpiece" selling tactic....."What's that John?"    "Oh!  We have only 200 left of the red to go around?"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

So true!

Honored Contributor

I heard a host say ,they keep the studio cold.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: D & C Gary and Jayne

[ Edited ]

A lot of women don't care for crazy prints and those D&Co print dresses were kinda wild.  If I were a host, I'd have gone with a solid too.  They pair them with denim jackets because they sell denim jackets, they are pushing the jackets.  They want women thinking, they need one or two to go with their summer dresses.  As for the shrugs and, cardigans.  Many, if not most, women 60 and above don't like showing their upper arms. They won't wear short sleeve or sleeveless dresses without a cover up piece.  I think you know that.  However women aren't required to buy cover up pieces.  

Trusted Contributor

Prints tend to make a person look bigger.

Honored Contributor

I think the reason might be as simple as just maybe they want to also show and sell toppers, shrugs, cardigans, etc. 

Order the dress, order the arm cover-up topper.

I think it's a good idea. 

I wouldn't look twice at a sleeveless dress, but shown with a topper or shrug.......it's a good reminder as to the nice look of a 'set'. 

For various events, including places of worship, weddings, etc., etc.  

In the distant past, there were many times that I passed by sleeveless dresses without thinking twice.

I wish I would have thought about a nice shrug, or topper, or shoulder cover-up. 

Or a cute, short-ish lightweight jacket. Or an  Embroidered or lace cardigan, etc.  

So many ways to wear a nice sleeveless dress, including in the Fall / Winter, worn under a chunky (or whatever) pullover Fall sweater.  Styled to look like a sweater and skirt.

Well, enough of my thoughts!

Have a nice rest of the week and weekend!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac I agree, there are many selling tactics. I admit I do not watch as frequently as I use to, however, the occasions I'm referencing the items actually are limited. Not only does it show the yellow dot at the bottom of the screen, but the item actually sells out.

I have heard the hosts say a couple times they aren't suppose to wear the color that is most limited. I've also heard them state that what colors they wear tends to sell the best. If you watch closely you'll notice that the color that is almost sold out when first appearing is never worn by the host.