Esteemed Contributor

I tune to this show because it is two host/vendor combination i can enjoy

listenting/watching..................today they were showing a tank dress by D & C that Jayne was wearing.....

Do you ever notice when they Q shows print dresses by all vendors that also have a solid color option...the host seems to ALWAYS put on the solid color dress and not the loud prints....AND eventually puts on some kind of covering whether it be a sweater, denim jacket, shrugs,scarves for the rest of the presentation..........whats with the cover ups all the time??.................if i see that it is a def NO NO for purchase......................

Super Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

listenting/watching..................today they were showing a tank dress by D & C that Jayne was wearing.....

Do you ever notice when they Q shows print dresses by all vendors that also have a solid color option...the host seems to ALWAYS put on the solid color dress and not the loud prints....AND eventually puts on some kind of covering whether it be a sweater, denim jacket, shrugs,scarves for the rest of the presentation..........whats with the cover ups all the time??.................if i see that it is a def NO NO for purchase......................

Re: covering up, I've often heard hosts remark on how cold it is in studio. That could be it. Also, if they wear two garments, they may be able to sell both garments. Just some thoughts.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Honored Contributor

Whenever they are presenting a top and have some coverup over it, my suspicion is they are covering up something--and it is an immediate pass for me.  Show the item completely--they certainly spend enough time on it.

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

@kelsey17   That's why they also have models.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I think a tank top or tank dress will always fit better and look better on a thinner person.  I suspect/know that on a larger busted woman, the fit under the arms is not so great.  I think that is why the host and models put on a sweater or jacket.

To be fair, we are all shaped differently with different size arms and breast shapes and placement.  It has to be difficult to design a tank that will look good on all shapes within the same size range.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I believe the hosts choose the plain colors because the plain work with many sweaters and jackets and make changing to show lots of merchandise easy to do on camera.  

I watched Jayne and Gary long enough to see the back of her denim jacket.  As much as I love print garments, I would not wear that jacket with the prints.

Honored Contributor

Some time ago, one of the hosts said hosts have a stylist that chooses the clothes and sizes to be worn on air.  

From that, it doesn't look like female hosts have a choice; although, I have heard some say, they chose this or that in this or that color, but I'm not so sure.  

Sometimes, they wear their own clothing on air.  

Honored Contributor

The host wears plain because they can show different items with it.  They are selling.  There are many different women that like to wear a cover up of some kind in places that have the AC turned down to subzero.  For me resturants are a good example.  

I also think hosts have to chose their size in what the stylists have available in the studio.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

So many dresses offered by this line and others this year with such  wild patterns .

Many patterns dresses should be worn by the  models and hosts so we can see the pattern on a real person - front and back .

Honored Contributor

Jayne did take her jacket off near the end of the presentation.  After a while she put it back on.......starting to get goose bumps from the chill. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif