Honored Contributor

Re: D&C American Flag Print Top

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

This morning on Fox News (live stream from Columbus, Ohio) Pete Hegseth was wearing a flag t-shirt.  I never wear shirts with words or pictures on them but I really liked his t-shirt...very faded flag.

I'd love to find that t-shirt.

@Mom2Dogs 

I think I read somewhere that if you send them a news tip that corresponds with their agenda, fact checking not a requirement, that they will send you one for free!

Woman Very HappyWoman Wink

Super Contributor

I am old school where the flag is not supposed to be worn

Trusted Contributor

I agree about wearing the American flag as a clothing item.  Personally, I don't consider this tee as the flag, especially with the different available colors and the way the pattern is laid out.  I purchased it first came out.  I don't remember paying $40+ for it.

Long, long time ago, I had a Quacker Factory blanket jacket that really followed the pattern of the flag.  It was a beautiful jacket and I would get compliments whenever I wore it. 

I just found it!  Gotta love google.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I bought that top awhile back - could be two years ago now.  I got the blue and white one.  I don't remember what I paid for it.  I think $40 is too high too.  I only wear it a few times a summer.

@Puppy Lips  You should also wear it on election days!

@Pearlee Actually, I did work the polls last fall.  I don't remember what I wore, but I will have to keep that T-shirt in mind for sure, as I would like to do it again.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I bought that top awhile back - could be two years ago now.  I got the blue and white one.  I don't remember what I paid for it.  I think $40 is too high too.  I only wear it a few times a summer.

@Puppy Lips  You should also wear it on election days!

@Pearlee Actually, I did work the polls last fall.  I don't remember what I wore, but I will have to keep that T-shirt in mind for sure, as I would like to do it again.

@Puppy Lips  Even if you vote by mail for an election some time and don't go to the polls, you should wear it each election day so as you go about your errands (e.g. supermarket, etc) you'll remind people to vote! 🇺🇸  it is a perfect top for a poll worker to wear!

Trusted Contributor

If I want to wear Americana, I wear solid red, white and blue.  Never

wear anything that resembles our Flag.  Now I did buy this shirt in

the dark blue - I see it as a Dallas Cowboys shirt. (Go Cowboys)

I got mine, NWT off Ebay for a lot cheaper.  It's a good quality shirt.

No shrinking, has held up well.

Valued Contributor

I know this will probably ruffle some feathers but I won't wear anything with a flag as well. The official rules of our flag states that it should not be worn as clothing or types of accessories. 

For my brother's military retirement party, I made the mistake of getting flag napkins. My son pointed out that we are wiping our mouths on our flag. "Not cool Mom".  I honestly didn't think about it. They just went with the theme. 

To each his own. If you like it- great. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CritterKeeper wrote:

I know this will probably ruffle some feathers but I won't wear anything with a flag as well. The official rules of our flag states that it should not be worn as clothing or types of accessories. 

For my brother's military retirement party, I made the mistake of getting flag napkins. My son pointed out that we are wiping our mouths on our flag. "Not cool Mom".  I honestly didn't think about it. They just went with the theme. 

To each his own. If you like it- great. 

@CritterKeeper Yes, I agree with you.  I won't wear any flag items either.  But the top we are talking about is not really our flag.  It has stars and stripes, but it not arranged as a flag.  Many people wear clothes with our flag on it though.  As long as it is done with respect, it does not bother me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

@Puppy Lips  Oh, sorry about that. I bet that is a nice summery shirt. Enjoy! :-)

Honored Contributor

IMO wearing flag-inspired clothing is not the same as wearing an actual flag or something made out if an actual flag.