Trusted Contributor

D&C American Flag Print Top

[ Edited ]

I thought the below top that they're showing today on the QVC morning show would be cute for the summer months; however, I think the price is way too much.  It's almost $40, plus s&H, and tax - it will be about $45.  In my opinion, about $25 should be the price.  What are your thoughts?  (Maybe I'm wrong.....they just said over 7,000 sold)!!!!

product thumbnail

Honored Contributor

Re: D&C American Flag Print Top

That's the average price for a D&C tee that's not on sale or clearance.  Prices have gone up.  You can certainly find cheaper printed tee but not of this quality. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop  I don't think $25 is necessarily what the price SHOULD be unless you know way more than most of us about what it cost the company to acquire and market the garment.  Seems to me $25 is what you WISH the price would be.

The only reason besides curiosity that I ever care what the price is is when I might want to buy.  Then I decide what I am willing to pay.  If I am really fearful something will sell out, I pay what the company asks.  If I am willing to lose it or find a"will do" I will wait for a sale.

As for the price of that top?  I could be one of those 7000 buyers.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought this top in red. I really like it.

Honored Contributor

If I really loved the top, I would spend the money. In this case I don't. The only tops I see on the Q for $25 are tops on sale. Most Q brand tops are at least $35 and some as high as $60. I think you could find patriotic themed tops for less money at other retailers, especially this time of year and with all the sales in brick & mortar stores. Only you know whether or not you'd like them as much as this one. 

Regular Contributor

It caught my eye as well, but not for that price.  If I shopped in regular department stores, QVC prices may not seem as high.  I shop at TJ Maxx and Marshalls so the prices on QVC seem high to me.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It's a t-shirt. It's a cute t-shirt. It's a nice quality t-shirt. I bought it, maybe 2 years, ago & it is still nice.

That said, I agree with @BunSnoop that $25 would be a very reasonable price for this nice t-shirt. 

I must have thought it was worth what I paid for it, because I did order it & I did keep it & I do love it.

But, I would like another one & I won't buy it today at this price.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It might be a little overpriced but I thought it was unique enough to pay the price. I have bought so many QVC tops the last few months and so much better quality then the tops  I was  buying at Kohl's. Plus I think I have got some pretty unique prints. I have only worn  this top  once because it doesn't want to stay warm in indiana.

Trusted Contributor

I think it's a cute top (maybe not on me, though!  Not sure about those wide stripes!) and I agree it is expensive.  That said, I do agree that Denim and Company shirts tend to be of higher quality than what I see at a store like Kohls.

Regular Contributor

I thought of ordering this top this weekend, as I have in the past. But I have been shopping my closet during the Pandemic and before, due to recurring health issues. Found a QF top the other day with some pearls and lace in black and wore Anybody joggers for a trip to the bank(sitdown meeting) and hairsylist appt. (first one since Dec.) in the afternoon. I thought it looked ok but I am getting off track.

The American Flag top is a bit unique and had it had 3/4 sleeves would have ordered first time around or yesterday. D& C tops can be plain tee shirt or a nice print or stripe - which I find are better quality for some reason.

Luckily I live in a state that does not charge sales tax on clothing, shoes so that helps. I know there are a few states that do the same. 

Did order my first top in two years - QF top with stars during show that was on mail channel the other day. I miss the good quality of most of the QF tops.

Sorry to ramble - to those who have the flag top -- wear it proudly!!