Contributor

Cwonder - Any brands at the Q fit for petite?

I was a big fan of the fit of C wonder clothing before their retail stores went out of the business at the beginning of last year. My favorite jeans ever are Cwonder and fit me perfectly (but are starting to wear out). When I saw C wonder was coming to the Q I was so excited. I taped last weeks show and order quite a few things including 2 pairs of jeans, the denim dress (in 2 colors), a tank, and a fringe top all in XXS or 0. They all came today and are massive on me I am so sad to have to return them all except for the tassel belt which is very easy to customize the size on. The denim dress was way too long (well below my knees) and can't be hemmed because of the fringe detail at the hem (not to mention its too loose elsewhere).

I am petite (just under 5'2", 110-115lbs (lol skinny days/heavier days), and a true XS at all retailers that don't do crazy vanity sizes (nordstrom's, jcrew, anthropologie, target, etc.). Sometimes in a loser style or a longer tunic top I will get an XXS.but i typically am a true XS. Its so frustrating because I wear a 26 or 27 in jeans and am a 32 band in bras so based on QVC's size chat you would an XXS would be perfect for me but QVC clothes are always way too big.

I really hate how QVC and other brands use vanity sizing I don't like how they try to pray on women's emotions by making them feel like they are in a smaller size so they purchase an item. It also is really unfortunate for us petite ladies who get sized out of certain brands we would love to wear. I know our population is getting taller and larger so petite ladies are in the minority but it would be great for QVC (and other vanity brands) to be more inclusive of all shapes and sizes (from petite to plus).

i have only 1 clothing item from QVC (an Isaac peplum top that was a TSV last year) that has ever been small enough for me. When I see something I really love, I am always hopeful it will fit small enough for me - but it almost always is too big and back it goes. I guess i need to learn my lesson and stop wasting money on shipping.

For other petite or true XS ladies out there, have you found any brands or types of styles and sizes from the Q that are small enough to fit you?

i have been always curious to try gili since its more of a modern brand - but the higher price point has discouraged me from chancing the fit would be small enough. Does anyone have insight about Gili if it fits smaller or like other qvc brands?

Super Contributor

Re: Cwonder - Any brands at the Q fit for petite?

Hi pug1544,

I am a 5'2" petite as well and I know the frustration all too well. I would love to find some hiking type shorts, the smallest ones I found were size 4 and they were swimming on me.  I did keep them with the thought of maybe I can get them altered.  Trying to find jeans that are not for a teenager (low rise) was not easy, but my favorite jeans are Levis 512 size 2 fits perfectly and the length is just right no hemming. I get the PM for wearing out and the S for around the house.  Dillards department store has a good petite department with actual petite sales people (at least at the one I went to) and where I first found them.  If you try them on and find you like them you can order them from that web place that starts with A.  Hopefully you will get some helpful responses. 

tkins

Contributor

Thanks

Respected Contributor

@pug1544 I got the denim dress too, and am sending it back. From under the chest down it was HUGE on me. It makes no sense. I ordered the 4 based on the click here measurements. It looked ridiculous. I am not a petite either. So I'm agreeing and not just for petites. 

Contributor

That is good to hear skuggles, I think you must have to be 5'10"+ and extremely pear shaped for that to fit you!  

i wonder if the show hosts and models gets these items pinned back for them so they fit so well.  Actually I am pretty sure they do! It looks so nice and tailored on the host and models and it looked to be the perfect length for a shorter dress.  When I tried it on, it was so oversized and long on me it just looked awful.