Respected Contributor

Re: Cute "baggy" jean, rips and all

The woman is Sofia Richie (sp?), daughter of Lionel Richie. She is also the girlfriend of Scott Disick, ex BF of Kourtney Kardashian. I think Sofia is about 20 years old.
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't call them baggy, there's nothing baggy about them.  They are a distressed, bleached boot cut or slightly wide leg jean.  They look great on her but a trash bag would look great on a body like that. They remind me of the bleached jeans I wore in college.  I'd wear a style like that but not with the rips and holes.

Frequent Contributor

These “mom” jeans look cute on certain people, but on me they look like, well, “mom” jeans. Not like I’m trying to be fashionable. This actress looks good in them, though. 

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I wear my jeans to work.  I wear high heels with them and a blazer.  It really dresses them up.

wish i could...

Honored Contributor

@Lilybean678 wrote:

These “mom” jeans look cute on certain people, but on me they look like, well, “mom” jeans. Not like I’m trying to be fashionable. This actress looks good in them, though. 

The baggy jeans are actually called Dad jeans.  (like the Dad shoes) large sneakers.  It originated in the UK, and is now here.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe   We can wear jeans to work, providing they are dressy.  I work at a university.  Dress code isa little  more relaxed then a financial office, etc.

Honored Contributor

I have never liked rips on anything. My daughter does. I don't own anything ripped ,and if I was given something like that as a gift, I would never wear it

Honored Contributor

Look at her figure,she would look good in anything.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm an old fuddy-duddy.  I don't like ripped jeans, don't like baggy jeans, don't like too-long jeans, and don't like jeans with high heels.   So these are definitely not for me.  They even make that lovely model look sloppy. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes.....

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

The jeans look great on her because of her body, not because they're such fabulous jeans. 

I'm not a fan of "distressing" on my jeans.  I find it pretentious.

But I did learn today that I'm really short!  I had no idea.  Cat LOL