Honored Contributor

Cute Plaid Shirt, Plaid People!

I'm enjoying that plaid seems to be continuing as a "trend", since I am sort of a lifelong plaid person.  This Denim and Co. Stretch Weave Plaid Button Front Long Sleeve Shirt is very nice.

The colors is comes in are really pretty.  I got the gray plaid, which is "new antique rose" (a very wearable dusty pink) and gray.  I have a new antique rose long sort of duster cardigan that it looks great with, and any black or gray bottom looks good with it.  I wore the shirt and duster the other day with a black denim skirt, black tights and short gray boots.

What makes it more feminine is the "bib" inset on the front in which the plaid is set on the diagonal, or bias?, so it's more sophisticated than your normal plaid.  Love the other color combos too, like olive and purple and blue, teal and berry. 

http://www.qvc.com/Denim-%26-Co-Stretch-Weave-Plaid-Button-Front-Long-Sleeve-Shirt.product.A299207.h...

Honored Contributor

Re: Cute Plaid Shirt, Plaid People!

I'm a lifelong plaid lover too and that's adorable!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

I bought that same shirt in the red plaid, which is more of a white background with blue and red thin and heavy lines and blocks making the plaid. The plaid being woven into the fabric, not printed on, is one of its quality features. I gave it a splendid review on the item page. I have enjoyed wearing it. It’s pretty, it’s comfortable, and it’s made nicely with the plaid matching well on both side seams;  the bias cut plaid for the bib is symmetrically assembled to it matches on either side of the button placket. . 

Sone gals may think it’s too “busy” and worry if it’s not flattering on a busty woman, but I got compliments the first time I wore it and I’m a 1X plump lady. 

I’ve been mad for plaid since I was very young. Looks like this year plaid is hot. Yay! 

Honored Contributor

Yes, fellow plaid pals, I have a Big Lots pillow resting on a chair in my dining room right now that incorporates three favorite Christmas themes--  poinsettias, a reindeer, and plaid!  (It's not as "busy" as it sounds...)   And a bright plaid runner on my side table...

We "plaidies" should enjoy all the extra plaid availability right now with it being so "on trend"...

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal, I'm not surprised you've been getting compliments.  There is something very flattering about the shirt, and I think the interesting combo of plaid with female curves is very appealing...

Honored Contributor

I haven't added a plaid piece t my wardrobe yet.  I want to since plaid is having a moment.  I like this shirt but I want a tunic or boyfriend type shirt to wear with jeans and boots.  

Trusted Contributor

I am wearing plaid as I type this!

Respected Contributor

I have this D&C on my wish list plaid-A282209. I hope it dopesn't sell out. I was wating to see what the B-Friday deals are. This shirt has 52-5 star reviews & only 1-1star, & only 1-3star. I recently purchased another D &C shirt in similar fabric & loved it. I did size up due to the more fitted sizing & it is perfect.  

Super Contributor

I don't have this top, but I do have a navy and green plaid top by Susan Graver (A297141) that I really enjoy wearing and I've gotten lots of compliments.  It's very comfortable and perhaps a little dressier than the D&C top. Most plaids work for me! D&C also has a couple of buffalo plaid tops that I've considered.

Honored Contributor

They DID do a good job with that one!