Esteemed Contributor

Curious about the Anybody line . . . or Denim & Co.

[ Edited ]

Would love to hear comments about the Anybody line of clothing. I'm tempted with Item A-349792 Anybody Jogger Pants. For the first time ever, I'm wearing such things while recouperating at home. Those look attractive enough to walk to the mailbox and take my short walks (which hopefully will be able to increase with time). 

Does this material wrinkle? Is it easy to launder? Does it shrink? If I wear a Medium, is the Anbody line true to size? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I havent ordered clothing from QVC in a very, very long time (except for Linea's whisper knits). Thanks for your help!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Re: Curious about the Anybody line.

I have a pair of their joggers, for me they were true to size and they are comfy and good to lounge in, but I would never wear them out. I know a lot of the reviews say they live in those pants and wear them every where, so maybe you will too.

Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady I own a couple pairs of Anybody jogger pants and really like the fabric. The fabric is soft, doesn't wrinkle, and doesn't shrink. I find that it's true to size. I'm 5'2" and own one pair in petite and one in regular. I prefer the regular length, but I wear both. I mostly wear these around the house after I get home from work. I've never worn them dressed up with heels because I think they do look casual. When I wear them out for a quick errand, I wear them with sneakers or slide sandals. I'm tempted to order that heather blue, but I really don't need another pair of lounge pants for the house. I highly recommend trying these out! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99  These would be worn during the rest of the recouperation phase, which only includes going to the mailbox and taking short walks along my street. Hopefully I'll be able to walk a few blocks as time goes on. Jeans are not comfortable with a back brace. My DIL bought a couple pairs of sweat pant-type things. They are much better for being homebound 24/7 and having to lie flat much of the time. 

Once my back is healed, I'll also begin PT for my hip and knee. I've never worn this type of clothing, but feel like I'll need it for the next few months. I have not left my house except one visit to the Ortho. Surgeon on January 7th. The next visit with him is Febuary 4th. I wore my own clothing under the back brace for my Dr. appointment. I don't plan to wear it in public places!   

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady

I think the line is very comfortable and would be perfect for your needs at this time. When I  was going to physical therapy last winter, all I wore was jogger pants and loose easy tops.Good luck with your recuperation.

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99  Thanks. That answers my question! Now, I'm 5'7" tall. Shall I order the Med. Tall? Cannot imagine the Med. Regular would be a good fit. (You'd think I'd have worn this type of clothing, but I haven't . . . and am completely clueless.) 

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady I wish you well with your recovery. I am 5’7” also and I would personally order the tall if available.

Honored Contributor

I have several pairs of this item number,  A286475 AnyBody Loungewear Cozy Knit Jogger Pants and they fit well and wash very well

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I think they would be perfect for your recoup time and hope it is a short one for you!

I differ slightly on my reviews of Anybody (and Cuddle Duds as well)

For me, they are 'throw aways'....meaning 1-2 seasons at best (like Walmart Clothes are for me)

They pilled, they shrank.  Even washing in cold and hanging to dry...esp. the length.

If you are on the fence on sizes, I would size up to make it most comfortable for you wearing a brace.

Anybody and Cuddle Duds have been delegated to 'Dog Clothes'.  The clothes I don't care if they are covered w/ dog hair, the ones I wear when I want to snuggle my pups.  The ones that last less than a year, then may need to get trashed.  Pilling is so bad, I wouldn't donate.  I no longer purchase either....esp. in the leggings/joggers/pants line.

But that is just me!  Others seem to have better experiences with them.

Best to you as you heal!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife  Thanks for your kind words . . . and honest response! Hopefully, I'll only need something like this for a few (or several) months. I have high hopes of being back to "normal" by late spring or early summer at the very latest. These were inexpensive and something not to be kept very long if all goes as I hope.

Like you, I had already figured out they were not the best quality from watching programming last year! Then, things happened and I needed something that was out of my comfort zone. Saw this yesterday and it seemed to fit the need.  

Warm weather is my favorite time of the year and I adore playing in my flower beds! If something has to set me back, it's a good thing it happened during the winter. LOL  I'd be so distraut (and probably become depressed) if missing out on summertime activities. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks to those who responded! I'm going to order a pair of Med. Tall and see how they fit. If I like them, I'll order a few additional pair for PT. Not about to spend a lot of moola on clothing I don't plan to wear when healed! 

ETA: To bad the old Sport Savvy line isn't around. I did have two pair of matching pants, tops and jackets years ago. They were comfortable and well-made. I wore them golfing for a very long time in the early spring and late fall weather!!