Esteemed Contributor

Curiosity about returning styles

I  never liked pants(slacks) with creases down the front.  I also never really liked pants with stirrups.  I am wondering if either are back in style.  Not my choice but I did see an item featured yesterday with creases down the front and I saw pants with stirrups in a catalogue.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Curiosity about returning styles

@bonnieluI often press a crease into my pants, but I don't like pants with a seam down the front like I've seen a few recently.  I'll just ignore them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like creases in my straight leg pants, particularly the sewn creases.  I even iron creases in my jeans and chinos.  I like the way they look on me.  

I recently bought three new pairs with sewn creases from Chico's, and one pair of Basso with a sewn crease.  SG had some Lustra knt with a sewn crease - I have several pairs of those.  

A while back, Denim and Co. had some jeans with a sewn crease.  I have about a dozen pairs of those.  They are a heavier winter weight denim.

I have clip-on stirrups that I attach when I want to pull boots on over my pants and keep the pants taut.  I can't imagine that I'd ever buy pants with stirrups to wear other than in boots.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

That was the one good feature of stirrup pants, keeping them tucked into your boots. I even had a pair of leather pants with detachable stirrups that I loved wearing t=with ankle boots.

Honored Contributor

QVC carries enough styles that there will always be something to suit everyone.  I hope and pray stirrup pants aren't returning.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think those TSV ankle pants from Joan Rivers have a stitched down crease in them. As soon as I saw that, I wasn’t Interested. Also, they are made with synthetic fibers.  I remember that sewed in crease being in cheap polyester pants in the past.  Not a look for me.

i am not a fan of stirrup pants, but I own a pair that have stirrups that button off.  They are not leggings or skinny tight pants.  If I wanted to tuck  the pants into boots, they would be helpful.  If I wore the stirrups buttoned on with shoes, you would have no idea.  They are not noticeable at all.  Most of the time, I don’t use them.

i am amazed and stunned at the fashions that were horrible the first time around coming back and are now being called fresh and new.  Clothing that was worn by older unfashionable ladies in my youth are now being worn by the young and it is now considered fashionable.  It just looks so weird to me.  I can’t wrap my head around it. 

Honored Contributor

I never wore ugly stirrup pants when they were all the rage. I wear leggings now that tuck in great with any kind of boots, without stirrups. Thank goodness for leggings.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I think stirrup pants were invented because they didn't have the kind of fabric needed to keep them in place like the leggings we have today. Maybe dancers are the ones mostly wearing stirrups today because they do serve a purpose for them. 

I've never been a fan of the seam or crease thing going on in my pant legs. I always ironed the creases out if they were bought that way. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

QVC carries enough styles that there will always be something to suit everyone.  I hope and pray stirrup pants aren't returning.

@Kachina624  Don't worry!  We don't have to buy them!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

I've been wearing trousers with the seam down the front for years.

And they are poly/span as well.

They drape nicely, always look neat & pressed.

They wash & dry beautifully.

I wear the department store brand Rafaella, I can buy off the rack with no alterations necessary.

pant