Honored Contributor

Re: Cuddleduds TSV in a few days...

The only open-front items I continue to buy are Barefoot Dreams.  I do not like open-front items.  I like closures.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

I tried some Cuddle Duds pants and am so disappointed, they are falling apart.  They have not been worn or washed more than a couple of times.  PILLING like crazy!!!!!

i agree @LindaSal

they dont wear well at all.

i have a few pieces and usually pick them up from facebook sales or from ebay for reduced pricing.

@sunshine45, same here. I bought their last TSV,open front hoody, which they presented as wearing very well outside as well as inside. I kept it, but I would never wear it out. 

I wear it inside and the hoody is so uncomfortable. I'll cut it off soon. And it feels warm and cozy for a while, but then quickly I feel hot and uncomfortable with it.

A waste of money for me. I don't want anymore of them. Many times you do get what you pay for.

Honored Contributor

Just took a quick look at it from the home page.

I have two jackets with a hood.  That's more enough for me.  I'm always readjusting it.  Too fussy for me.

On the model on the home page, it just looks huge on her.  The sleeves are too long.  I'm not a fan of the thumb holder things on any clothing item and it just hangs on her.  Too much material and it looks like it will stretch out over time.

I haven't tried anything from this line yet and I won't be buying this TSV either.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I like hoodies, but I don’t like the drape open front so I am not purchasing. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 I am tired of open front, too. I have a Eileen Fisher open front with a nice tailored shape in a high quality heavy cotton knit.  It is more of a jacket/blazer.  I wear it often for work. That is the only one I still wear.  It will be nice when this open front style fades away.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

@winamac1 I am tired of open front, too. I have a Eileen Fisher open front with a nice tailored shape in a high quality heavy cotton knit.  It is more of a jacket/blazer.  I wear it often for work. That is the only one I still wear.  It will be nice when this open front style fades away.

Hi Sass.  I, too, am so tired of open-front items and cannot wait for them to go out of style--if they ever do.  I end up paying an alterations lady to put a closure on almost every open front item--if it's possible.  Barefoot dreams, of course, I leave as they are--a closure would never work on them.

The open front is usually just annoying to me.

Hope you are doing well!!  @sassenach1

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

@winamac1 Wishing you well!