Honored Contributor

Re: Cuddl Duds.. emphasis on the "dud".

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

While agree that you can get a good deal at Kohl's sometimes, I really do not like playing their "game."  You need a decent coupon (30%), Kohl's cash, a rewards card, and God knows what else to get a decent deal. 

I find this annoying.  angry Just give everyone the d#$% deal; you'll get more business!!

At least they do more than what QVC does.  QVC doesn't have a clue what a sale price or clearance price is.

ITA

Kohls plays no more games with prices than any other retailer.  I don't buy many clothes there, but I do buy items at Kohls such as pj's on occason, yoga pants, a few Vera tops from time to time, bras and undies.  My husband likes their flannedl shirts so I buy him those.  With 30% off and coupons, I get great deals at Kohls. I don't think a lot of their quality is good in women's apparel, but I occasionally find some good buys that are nice.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

I agree Beach Mom! Chattering teeth are the worst and these are very cute. I admired these last year at my local Younkers and plan to pick one up next time they send me one of their $50 off a $100 purchase coupons. I just don't understand the need so many on these forums have to belittle anyone whose taste differs from their own.
Honored Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

While agree that you can get a good deal at Kohl's sometimes, I really do not like playing their "game."  You need a decent coupon (30%), Kohl's cash, a rewards card, and God knows what else to get a decent deal. 

I find this annoying.  angry Just give everyone the d#$% deal; you'll get more business!!

At least they do more than what QVC does.  QVC doesn't have a clue what a sale price or clearance price is.

Absolutely true!  I have said the same thing for years.  But at least you and I can buy an item for the same price today on the Q.  At Kohl's no two people ever pay the same price for an item.  I'm surprised they don't have you spin the wheel at the cash register.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

To those posting about Kohl's:   Last year I bought CDs at Kohl's and they were a good price (I always use some kind of discount from Kohl's).  Haven't been there to see this season's selection of CDs yet though.  Did you see CD leggings there?

Yes, they had the leggings at the Kohl's in our area.  I was there yesterday.  Check Kohl's online.  They have four pages of this product.  I got Kohl's cash so I will be going back this week to purchase a couple more. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor

I love Kohl's, too, but do my most shopping there when I get one of the 30% coupons, which is surprisingly often. This past weekend I got a $230 Columbia jacket for about $80 after all discounts were applied. I think I'm one of the lucky ones at the cash register when I spin their wheel, lol.

Corporate Kohl's is very generous. When I worked at a local children's charity, we would receive a very generous donation from the home office in WI every year. They are a company that seems to care about their customers and demonstrate some social responsibility. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

Cuddl Duds makes a number of different fabrications.  One is a silky material, very slippy, that I have never had to worry about it grabbing the fabric of clothing I wear over them.  They are definitely under garments.  They aren't warm if you wear them alone (say for pjs), but when you put your clothes or a blanket over them, they are suddenly snuggly warm.

There's another fabrication that seems to be a cross between this tsv fleece and the silky ones I talk about above.  They have a warm soft brushed finish and a bit more weight than the silky.

The fleece has a very lightweight feel, but it is really a high performance material that is incredibly soft and warm and doesn't have to be worn as under garments.

There may be more, but those are the fabrics I have personal experience with.

I own the thermals in the silky material (I live in a colder climate) and like them. I just don't care for really thin fleece, especially worn as a sweater (which is how it was styled on the homepage and the models).

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Regular Contributor

Oh my gosh. I love these.  I ordered a black on for a gift. My sister has no cats. And one for me in fair Isle. I have 9 cats. Can't wait to get them. I'm in California perfect for cool evenings Robin

Esteemed Contributor

Recieved mine today and back it goes.  I didn't like anything about it.  For me an xs may have been better, but even so, i didn't find the material that soft.  I have other similar tops that are much softer at a lower price.  I thought of gifting it, but just couldn't do it.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Recieved mine today and back it goes.  I didn't like anything about it.  For me an xs may have been better, but even so, i didn't find the material that soft.  I have other similar tops that are much softer at a lower price.  I thought of gifting it, but just couldn't do it.

@Biftu  I don't understand your post.  You must have gotten it to be returning it. ????

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

Bought one for each WDIL and one for myself.

Just a word to all of you who are disliking  the TSV- it is not necessary to refer to it as a "dud" or "hot mess" or any other addition after you've said "I don't like it" unless your goal is to imply that I must prefer to wear "dud"(s) or "hot messes" or "shapeless, droopy, unattractive" or "awful" or "cheap" (LOL)  etcetcetcetcetcetc garments.

I don't. I am buying it because I like it. 

I totally agree! Well stated!