Honored Contributor

Re: Cuddl Duds Sightings 2016

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Chrystaltree2 wrote:

Genuine Cuddl Duds?  Or items that looked they are Cuddl Duds?  

My thread is about Cuddl Duds - not knockoffs.

I think most of us knew that. LOL.  Some people like to think that the only place they can get anything is from Q.  I love it when I see something on Q that I like and I can get it locally.  Like Philosophy I can get locally, not a knock off lol.Carol Hockman at  Costco not a knock off.

@sunshine 919  As do I.   I thought Crystaltree2's question was unnecessary.

Honored Contributor

bump - relevant today

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think Crystaltree's question was unnecessary at all. There have been plenty of times that I have seen a post from someone proclaiming they found a certain item at X store for a lot cheaper only to find out it's not the same brand.  And oftentimes it doesn't even look anything like what was being discussed.

I think we all know that you can buy things elsewhere from QVC.  I don't think that was the point of her comment.      

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think one has to be a little careful, though, when comparing items at retail to those found at the Q (or even comparing items found at different B&M stores). Sometimes they are indeed identical. Other times, though, there are more or less expensive versions of the same brand (with different finishing, fabrics, etc.) made for different retailers at very different price points.

Honored Contributor

Cuddl Duds is on Zulily tomorrow. (10/19) 

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

Cuddl Duds is on Zulily tomorrow. (10/19) 

@lulu2  Thank you.  However, I would not purchase CD from Zulily because CD sizing is so "off" from my regular sizing. It runs small in many pieces.   Therefore I'll stick to Kohl's for it or elsewhere locally, due to the high possibiliy of having to return a piece due to sizing.  I won't buy from QVC either, due to the lack of return postage when you return an item.

Valued Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

I think one has to be a little careful, though, when comparing items at retail to those found at the Q (or even comparing items found at different B&M stores). Sometimes they are indeed identical. Other times, though, there are more or less expensive versions of the same brand (with different finishing, fabrics, etc.) made for different retailers at very different price points.

you are exactly right. Namebrand items can be manufactured in various facilities resulting in different fabrics. I look at the country of origin to see where the clothing is made. So if CD is made for QVC in say China, but in Kohls they manufacture in Honduras, they can be different sizing and fabric.

And that's just an example for illustrative purposes as I have no idea where CD is made. I did buy a pair of CD socks at Kohls. Advertised as plushfill and very soft to the touch. However after one washing they were not soft and looked like rags.  I bought them for softness. I wrote to the company and asked if they coated the socks with something like fabric softener for that plushy feel that seemed to be washed off after the 1st wash. CS replied no, take them back to Kohls if you don't like them. Snippy and rude. So I did. And I won't buy again.

Anyway, one can buy 2 t-shirts with the same company label and find they are made in different places and have to very different articles of clothing.

So, "real" or not, they can be different. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Kohl's is a great source for Cuddl Duds.  Over the years I have bought plenty of my Duds from them. Cuddl Duds fits me consistently well in XS and I always order because there is not a Kohl's store conveniently located in my shopping parameters. 

Respected Contributor

Darn, wish I had known this.  I got the TSV poncho yesterday and thought it was a good deal.  Smiley Frustrated

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

I adore CD's... I just bought a bunch of them a couple of weeks ago here when they had clearance. i got every color of the long sleeve t's. 2 in the ivory and three of the short sleeve shirts. they are so comfy. Will check KOHLS the next time im there. thanks! im all done with the Q because of inconsistant sizing on several brands. Denim and Company is God awful!