Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cruisewear suggestions from QVC

Leaving on 9/19 for my first river cruise. Two nights in Paris and then 7 days on the River boat from Lyon to,Avignon. River cruises don't have formal nights but I will crank it up a notch for the Captain's welcome and farewell dinners.
Honored Contributor

On 8/17/2014 KathyPet said: Leaving on 9/19 for my first river cruise. Two nights in Paris and then 7 days on the River boat from Lyon to,Avignon. River cruises don't have formal nights but I will crank it up a notch for the Captain's welcome and farewell dinners.

KathyPet, that sounds like the opposite direction of ours. We flew into Marseilles, then left out of Paris. We were the last week in September. The days were warm and sunny but the nights were cool.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/17/2014 lulu2 said:
On 8/17/2014 KathyPet said: Leaving on 9/19 for my first river cruise. Two nights in Paris and then 7 days on the River boat from Lyon to,Avignon. River cruises don't have formal nights but I will crank it up a notch for the Captain's welcome and farewell dinners.

KathyPet, that sounds like the opposite direction of ours. We flew into Marseilles, then left out of Paris. We were the last week in September. The days were warm and sunny but the nights were cool.

I am taking a light weight cashmere shawl for cooler evenings.
New Contributor

Sorry, should have mentioned it's to the Caribbean for 8 days. I usually wear a L, have bought other tops here from Louis, Joan, and George for previous cruises (this is my 8th) but having trouble this time {#emotions_dlg.blink} Thanks for the suggestions so far, I will be checking them out. Feel free to add more!

Honored Contributor

On 8/17/2014 lulu2 said:

I lived for about 6 months once in Marseilles , over the summer. I thought it was just about the most beautiful place in the world. I would love to go there again.

Esteemed Contributor

I bring a black skirt and take along fancy tops, mostly with glitter. I try to take non wrinkle items as offered by Susan Graver. Works for me.

I guess you could say I pack light and carefree.

Honored Contributor

On 8/17/2014 lulu2 said:
On 8/17/2014 haddon9 said:

Enjoy your cruise! Where are you going? I'm going on a river cruise with extended family in a few weeks to France....Provence then up to Paris.

I plan on bringing some slim knit pants, lightweight cardigans, tanks, short & 3/4 sleeve tops (in case it's cool), sandals, nice leather walking shoes and some pieces to wear to dinner. I'll just bring some inexpensive sparkly jewelry and a dressy clutch but since there won't be a formal night no need for something very dressy.

Now if I were going on a Caribbean cruise I would be bringing a different wardrobe.

haddon 9, we've taken a Saône and Rhône Rivers cruise that started in Avignon and ended in Paris. We did it in late September and the weather was beautiful.

I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did.

Thank you lulu!! I'm very excited and really looking forward to it! Our adult kids are going along with in-laws & cousins too so we'll have a fun group!

However I really hate flying and even more so lately with all of the bad news going on. Makes me a bit nervous between the plane disasters, terrorism & Ebola I have to stop watching.....

Honored Contributor

Sounds like we will be returning when you are leaving! Our itinerary is very similar but we're going to Paris at the end of the cruise rather than before. It's my first river cruise as well

Have a wonderful & safe trip!!