Honored Contributor

Crops and Capris for Petite Women

I am 5 feet tall and usually wear a 28" inseam, when I buy crop pants that are 23 inches, they hit me way below mind calf, does any one sell a reasonably prices 21 inch crop?

Thanks all 

PS this is a discussion about length not if crops/ capri's are good bad or indifferent

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: Crops and Capris for Petite Women

I am a few inches taller and petite crops hit me too long also. I like the Issac fabric but too long. I am thinking of having them shortened.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox If you are petite, you really need to find a local seamster who will hem things and do a good job at a good price.  That is a wonderful thing!  I am very short and that's been a real help to me.  Plus, Talbots and their red hanger sale is going now.  I never have to hem their things in petites and they have a lot of them.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox, I am 5' 1/2" and I have learned to only buy skimmers or pedal pushers.  I like where the 17" inseam hits me (just below my knee) and I can wear them to work !!

I gave up on capri/crop as they just hit me too low and I look shorter than I really am.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@Sooner

Heading to the strip mall where Talbot's is I am going to take a look and see what they offer, I get annoyed with having to spend 15-20 dollars to hem a pair of 3 month a year pants. For the Winter I was able to find ankle pants from Dress Barn that have a 28" inseam which is perfect

@Sooner wrote:

@I am still oxox If you are petite, you really need to find a local seamster who will hem things and do a good job at a good price.  That is a wonderful thing!  I am very short and that's been a real help to me.  Plus, Talbots and their red hanger sale is going now.  I never have to hem their things in petites and they have a lot of them.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox   I too am 5 ft tall.I wear Quaker Factory pedal pushers.They are more  like capris on me. I get frustrated because I want to wear the various style lengths but they’re too long on me. More petites would be appreciated!! I’d love to wear a pedal pusher that fits me like a pedal pusher!!

I just got a pair of Martha Stewart embroidered ankle jeans.They have a 26 inch inseam & fit me perfectly like a full length jean.I love them but wish they fit me like a true ankle jean.

I would appreciate any input you or any other petite lady might have !!

Super Contributor

@NicksmomESQ RE: I’d love to wear a pedal pusher that fits me like a pedal pusher!!

Have you tried some of the longer bermuda shorts out there? I have found that shorts with an 11" inseam fit my petite frame like pedal pushers, hitting just below my knee. I am 5'3", though, so I'm not sure which inseam you would need for that look. 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox Have you checked out JJill?  They have some petite crops that are 22.5" (Release Hem Crop Jeans and Smocked Waist Crops) and some that are 21.5" - their Authentic Fit Fringed Slim-Leg Crops.  Some of the different colors are on sale.

Honored Contributor

Please remember there is a diff between petite and short. I am 5 ft 2 in and wear a s/m.My inseam is 27". I like crop/capris.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@I am still oxox   I too am 5 ft tall.I wear Quaker Factory pedal pushers.They are more  like capris on me. I get frustrated because I want to wear the various style lengths but they’re too long on me. More petites would be appreciated!! I’d love to wear a pedal pusher that fits me like a pedal pusher!!

I just got a pair of Martha Stewart embroidered ankle jeans.They have a 26 inch inseam & fit me perfectly like a full length jean.I love them but wish they fit me like a true ankle jean.

I would appreciate any input you or any other petite lady might have !!

Yes to all of this. At 5', a pedal pusher fits me like a crop pant and many of the ankle pants fit me like a traditional jean.

Cropped pants make the wearer look shorter, so I feel like many designers don't want to offer them in real petites. My personal feeling is that I AM short, I know I'm short, I am not trying to fool anyone into thinking I'm taller, so if I want to wear a crop pant that might make me look shorter, it shouldn't bother anyone if it doesn't bother me. But they may not sell well because shorter women are always being told not to wear them because they make us look short. I'm 5' tall. EVERYTHING makes me look short because I'm short.