Valued Contributor

I'm new to the Forums, so please forgive me if this question has been asked before, but...

Am I alone in my sheer hatred of "Cropped" pants and jeans? Smiley Mad

When I was coming up, pants that high above the ankle were called "High-Waters" or "Flood-Waters" and it was an indication that your pants had shrunk in the washer or dryer - NOT a good look at all, back in the day (LOL)

They look as if the designer couldn't decide between full-length, or pedal pushers (another Boomer term - LOL), so they fall somewhere in between.

Please tell me I'm not the only old Fuddy-Duddy on the boards. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Cropped Pants, Jeans, Etc.

@LavernLuvsShoes  Hi and welcome. I'm 73 and by no means a fuddy duddy ha ha but I can't STAND any kind of cropped pants. What's the point? I have regular pants, capris and pedal pushers.  As a kid we called pants like that "floods" and to me that's what they are!

To each their own but I just don't see the point of that particular length.

Super Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes wrote:

I'm new to the Forums, so please forgive me if this question has been asked before, but...

Am I alone in my sheer hatred of "Cropped" pants and jeans? Smiley Mad

When I was coming up, pants that high above the ankle were called "High-Waters" or "Flood-Waters" and it was an indication that your pants had shrunk in the washer or dryer - NOT a good look at all, back in the day (LOL)

They look as if the designer couldn't decide between full-length, or pedal pushers (another Boomer term - LOL), so they fall somewhere in between.

Please tell me I'm not the only old Fuddy-Duddy on the boards. Woman LOL

What difference does it make whether you're alone or in a group of many who don't like this look?  Your choice .. we all can choose what we like.  Personally I don't count myself as being alone or in a group.  I just wear what I like and works for me.

Valued Contributor

Oh, and can I add: The "Half-Tuck" to my list of NO, Just NO!!! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I think crops are an awkward length and tend to make me, at 5'4", look dumpy.  I do have a couple of pairs but I cuff them to peddle pusher length which I think is more flattering.  I also like my short pants to fit very close to the body with no fullness. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

At least there was a good reason bike riders wore pedal pushers.  They could have been called cycling pants, too, but the fashion industry had to find a way to sell them to everyone, so they gave them a cutesy name.

Both pedal pushers and capris make sense in the summer to me for those who don't like wearing shorts, but, yes, cropped pants look like they shrank in the dryer or the wearer outgrew them and couldn't afford new pants.  I have seen both in the past.  So, when we saw this, we donated pants that fit through the church.  

Respected Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes Welcome to the conversations! I agree that these pants look like high water pants. I personally only wear full length pants. Others enjoy a variety of shorter lengths. Anything other than full length is just not my style.

Honored Contributor

I have a few pairs and I wear them.  I don't live in the past. They are no longer flood pants.

If they fit me well and are comfortable, that's all I care about.

I am finally the " boss of me" so I can wear them if I want to.  No one has ever paid any never mind to my pants length as long as my tushy wasn't exposed.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind cropped pants but what I do not like is "ankle" pants.  Those for sure to me look like they just shrunk and should be donated!!

Esteemed Contributor

Speaking only for myself I will join the NO chorus in reguard to crop pants and Yes to capris etc. I also say say no to joggers, leggings, liquid polyester.  They look great on others but I'm not comfortable in them.  I also don't get fuzzy slippers that look like sandals.  If I wear slippers it's because my feet are cold otherwise barefoot.  Everyone should wear what they like and respect others choices.  There is always something for everyone.